Need Help In The 300 Blackout Area

I hardly ever clean my 22lr. No problem.

For 300BO subsonic, pistol length gas indeed is a good thing to have. I would add an adjustable gas block for shooting supersonic. I would buy a barrel, a stripped upper, and other components, minus the bcg, to put together a upper assembly. Going cheap I could probably do it for $150 ish.

Give PCP air rifle a try. You may find it quite useful.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Did that. $66 for 16" pistol length barrel in .300 AAC. No problem cycling subsonic load with 245gr bullet. Next I'm going try subsonic load with 135gr bullet and trailboss. Many said it cannot be done. I'll see about that.

Now I have better use of all those 5.56 brass with split neck. I quite like the round. It is like an oversized .30 carbine or a cousin of 7.62x39.

-TL

I still can't make the action cycle correctly for subsonic load with pistol powder, such as ramshot true blue, let alone trailboss. Ejection is ok but not picking up a fresh round from the mag. Now I'm considering enlarging the gas port.

It would be cool if I can make it work. Pistol powders are more economical to shoot.

-TL

AA1680 cycles AR’s with subs. I use 208 Amax bullets at ~1000fps at ~ 6000’ above sea level.
Thats when i bother to shoot subs. I run 95% supers suppressed, 110-125 gn bullets.

I can do it with ramshot enforcer or the like. But I just want to go pistol pistol.

A suppressor would have made it work already. Unfortunately they don't allow us to touch that where I live. It is a 16" carbine with pistol length gas. I'm trying to make it work with trailboss as someone said it was impossible. I want to see how far I can go.

-TL

Last edited:
Back