Need help for final choice from four handguns

Greeting's:

If you don't want a Sig-Sauer "P" series, then I would opt for the Glock 21, also.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Of the pistols listed. . .

I'd go G21 then P14.

My Glock pistols have all proven themselves to be reliable, reasonably accurate and easily carried. The G21 (I own the G20--10mm, but same size) is a little large (OAL about that of the Commander sized 1911s and no one has complained about that size being unconcealable) and a bit blocky in the hands.

I have no expierence with the P14, but my P12 and my P13 have been as reliable my Glocks. Granted they are heavier (being the all steel variants and carrying a minimum of 13 rounds of 230grs of .45acp) but the are also more accurate the my Glocks.

With shooting pivotting triggers so often now, the linear triggers of the 1911 cause me to print off center left about 1.5"@50'. But that grouping is still a tighter cluster then the Glock grouping. For combat/defensive purposes I would say that neither design is more accurate.

Derek

People are so quick to judge a gun they never shot. Dont overlook the sig 2340. its got more going for it than any of the guns you listed. go shoot one and see how it compares to the others. I promise, if you like the sig P series, you will like the 2340. I dont have the time to list all the good points of this gun. I have yet to meet an unhappy sigpro owner. I agree that all of the guns you listed are top notch choices. But if i had em all lined up in front of me, i'd take the sig out of all of them.

Good luck. you cant go wrong with any of these choices.

Tim : )

Well, with your list...

I'd have to go with the Glock. And I have to agree with the others, you need a better list ;)

I'm a big fan of Glocks and I have huge hands. The M21's grip is still just too big and square to be enjoyable to hold. It's not on your list, but I would buy an M22. I find it much more comfortable to hold and while it may not quite be as accurate as the M21 I think it's safe to say the .40 *&* is about as effective a handgun cartridge as you can find. My only hesitation about the HK or Sig is the initial double-action trigger pull. I don't shoot well with DA/SA guns and don't want to go cocked and locked.

Neither is bad chice!

Just try them all how they feel in your hand, how accessible are the mag.release and slide stop... Then buy the one you will like most and get used to it ar shooting range! :-)
Have fun

Para's can be (very) unreliable. Accuracy is normally "service-grade".

SIG pistols are over-priced and over-rated, although they are normally reliable and very accurate.
Ergonomics suck; way-high bore line.

H&K USP in 45 is the right choice; the 40 is slightly less reliable (true).

The (shudder) Glock M21 is reliable, accurate, and very durable.
(I don't like it. I'd buy the USP.)

(Guns missing from this list include the 45 USP Expert, Ruger P9X, CZ75, S&W autos of every kind, and least but best, a big-dollar custom 1911.)

Yeeeehaw!

Swith the HK40 over to the USP45 and you have my vote. The Para-P14's are very cool also, I believe you can still get hi-cap magazines for them as well, at reasonable prices. The G21 is great. Lose the SigPro, then go with your gut after shooting the other 3 .45's.

I love my HK40USP, but now wish I'd bought the .45.

- gabe

Before you believe what was just posted...

...bear in mind the following that the author of that article does NOT do:

1. He does NOT demonstrate that kB! happen at a higer rate in Glocks than any other handgun.

2. He does not demonstrate that there is any correlation between chamber support and rates of kB!. Since HK USP .40 pistols have been known to kB! too (and they have "fully supported" chambers) it is entirely possible that there ISN'T ANY.

3. He does not demonstrate that, if 1 & 2 existed, that the degree of chamber support is actually a causal factor in guns blowing up.

So what DOES that article do? Well, it has scary pictures... :)

C.B.

Some good things about the SigPro

Excellent recoil control with both the 357 Sig and 40 S&W calibers.

Efficient, snag free, recessed decocker and slide catch lever design.

Lower cost; the retail price of the SP is $200 less than the P229. I paid $399 for mine

Simplified internal design.

Built tough to last.

Low maintenance.

Hammer-forged steel barrel for strength and accuracy.

Fully supported barrel chamber (especially critical for 40 S&W pistols).

Option of buying an extended Bar-Sto barrel for greater velocity potential.

Disconnector prevents out-of-battery discharge.

Interchangeable grips to fit various hand sizes.

Excellent grip angle for quick sight acquisition.

New corrosion-resistant Nitron impregnated stainless steel slide.

Steel to steel lockup of slide and frame.

Enclosed slide and grip design to keep out dirt & grime.

Integral fire control unit to easily switch from DA/SA to DAO.

Wide array of sights to choose from: standard Bar-dot/Dotted-I, 3-Dot, night sights, etc.

Integral accessory rails for attachments, such as the perfectly integrated Laser Sighting System (developed exclusively for Sig Pro models. Quickly slides on or off without changing point-of-impact or requiring special holstering. Waterproof to 10 meters. Day or night use).

Reversible magazine release.

Non-snag design.

Slotted front and rear sights.

4-point safety system.

Slide must be fully open for dismantling – decreases chance for human error.

Full functional safety for first shot potential.

Very smooth and easy to master trigger pull for speed and accuracy.

Follow-up shots, in either DAO mode, or SA mode -- your choice.

Excellent short reset in SA mode.

Easy to cock hammer to fire first shot in SA mode.

Loaded round indicator.

Available in 9mm .40 S&W .357 Sig

Excellent accuracy.

Excellent Sig precision, reliability and Quality.

Excellent customer service and support.

All for $399 What more could you ask for?

Tim : )

P 1445 limited

If you were to purchase the Para 14.45 limited you would find it vastly surpasses the other three. I think Kimber should also be a consideration if the .45 cal is really what you want.

I have had many .45's which have been satisfactory, but the {14.45 limited is a true gem (especially with 14 rounds at the ready --- no other manufacturer can say that!).

Good luck with your choice.

Back