Need help deciding on next handgun!

Here's another vote for the Springfield XDS 45. I conceal this weapon and it is quite fine. It shoots straight, the recoil is manageable, it's not TOO heavy, it's thin and fairly comfortable to wear IWB with cargo shorts. It's very nice.

I'm considering the Kahr CM9 but I haven't fired one yet.

No revolvers , nothing in ,22lr , nothing suitable for handgun hunting ( aka powerful field gun ) .

Everybody needs a .22lr. Good for honing your skills , for starting new shooters , outdoor plinking , and just plain fun.

Shop around for a good .357 revolver , and you should be able to get that and a .22lr for your target $ range. Or get a 1911 or a bigbore revolver.

Get a 1911. No American gun collection is complete without a couple of these time tested gold standard in combat handguns. Hell with a little perseverance you could probably score two nearly new 1911s one full size and one commander size for CC.
Look at Rock Island Armory pistols. Cut out of 4140 arsenal grade steel on CNC machines. One no longer need spend $1000 on the gun and another K at the gunsmiths. All my RIA pistols are well made, reliable, and more accurate than I can make use of. Or drop $650 on a top of the line RIA match model and give your wife a C note and tell her to go to the spa or something.

If not a 1911 I'd vote for the GP100 and a good SAA replica.

Back