need help and advice with a Wilson 920 failure to feed issue.

Yes, everything you said is true and actually explains nothing.

I've been talking with Garin Hayner at Wilson and he also has no explanation and we are trying a few things to see if it is enlightning.

It's still the same, absolutely no enlightenment.

I've been corresponding with the folk at Wilson Combat and they too have no idea what is causing the issue.

I've continued testing but pretty much the same results.

If I loaded a magazine with just two rounds, chambered the first and fire the second round (which at that time would be the last round) also chambered and fired.

If I loaded three rounds, chambered and fired the next round also chambered and fired but the third round (which at that time would be the last round) did not load and ended up parallel but nose to feed ramp.

The pattern continued as more rounds were added, the last round will fail to load.

I'm positive it is some thing that can be cured but I still honestly cannot see any reasonable explanation.

If the issue were related to the difference between simply manually loading the chamber and loading by recoil then it should show up when there were just two rounds in the magazine instead of only showing up when there are more than two rounds.

Next I'll mark the two magazines and take one apart to check for burrs (maybe when boring the witness holes) or other obvious issues. Hopefully I'll find some anomaly but realistically my guess is the problem will simply go away and leave me no wiser than before.

Is there some good reason you don't just say "My gun does not work well with Wilson 920 Magazines. I'm going to sell them. It works good with XXXXX magazines. 100 % ! I'm going to buy and use those! "

Thats what lots of folks do. Life is short.

What I think is a good reason, knowledge is good.

I would like to understand what is happening. Unfortunately I fear that after taking the first one apart and checking but not finding any anomalies that when I go to the range tomorrow it will work while magazine #2 will still show the original issue.

Just an update.

First one worked as it should.

Second one still showing same symptoms. Took it apart and again could find absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. Put it back together and as expected it too worked.

Sent the latest data and pictures to Wilson to see if they have any ideas.

Just an update.

First one worked as it should.

Second one still showing same symptoms. Took it apart and again could find absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. Put it back together and as expected it too worked.

Sent the latest data and pictures to Wilson to see if they have any ideas.
I’ve fixed a lot of things in life by taking them apart and putting them back together with no clue what I did to fix them.

Back