Need advice on snubbies.

Usually I hang around with Dan Watters, Bob Baily and some others. Drop me an email..

BTW, was in Lawman's today and they don't have any snub .357's - one new S&W which is off most of our lists. (M60 for $409.00)

Giz

I had a Ruger snubbie SP101 in .357 mag with the bobbed hammer--double action only with this configuration. The weapon was extremely durable and well made. However, the trigger was horrible. Also, the heavy Ruger trigger made the revolver extremely inaccurate.

For the majority of the time that I owned the Ruger, I didn't know that the trigger was horrible. I discovered the difference when I shot a friend's comparable model made by S&W--I believe it was a bodyguard model. The difference was extreme and immediately noticeable. The S&W lockworks were smooth and crisp. I wouldn't own any other for personal protection.

The extra money for the S&W is worth it in my opinion. However, the Ruger is more durable.

I've got a Taurus M605 for the same reasons you wanted it...concealment and .357 power all in one package. I soon found out it was a little too big and MUCH too heavy for concealment with what I normally wear. But it has 100% reliability!!!

I now carry a Taurus M85 ultralight, it blends nicely into the pocket of my kakhi's with a 10$ uncle mike's holster. By the way, the M85 is also 100% reliable!!!! The M605 is a home gun now, the M85 is my carry gun.

No matter how nice the gun you're buying will be, if it's too big and too heavy, you probably won't carry it.

And the best part, both guns for less than $550!!

Snubbie .357

I would go for the SP-101 the weight handles the recoil nicely and it is very strong. 2nd choice would be a Taurus. I have shot both in 357 and liked both. S&W has had some real strength problems chambering the J frame in .357. At the last gun show I looked over one that was being passed around with the frame cracked near the barrel. S&W action is a bit smoother than the Ruger due to 50% less engagement of the sear-trigger. Ill take the strength anyday. If you want light the all titanium Taurus is going to be much stronger than the Smith which is aluminum or scandium and only a titanium cylinder and I think barrel sleeve?

Back