Need advice on a SA Revolver for CAS.

I don't shoot cas,just like single action revolvers.Seeing how you are torn between the two(bp and cartridge)If given the chance to shoot one of the three which one would you go for?That should answer your question.Top navy 44cal BP.middle emf hartford model,45lc and bottom Uberti thunderer 375mag.I personally haven't only shot the navy once,just takes too much time to load.

Attachments

• PDR_3revolvers.JPG
    PDR_3revolvers.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 36
Thanks...

OK, I think the big draw for the Cap and Ball for me was the entry level price. I could buy two of those for the cost of one Ruger! But, I have to think that I would have a lot more fun at this point in my life, just buying a cartridge gun and practicing.

I have narrowed it down to either the Berreta Stampede, the Cimarron, or the Vaquero. I guess it's time to just go try them out and make a decision! I'll keep you guys posted...

Todd

I don't do much CAS, but if you want a modern gun, go with Ruger. The only Colt clone (IMHO) that FEELS like an old Colt is the USFA. I can't tell you what it is, but I have probably handled and/or fired several hundred old Colt SA's at various times, and none of the other copies (including the 2-3 generation Colts) ever felt quite right until the USFA came along.

Jim

I doubt you'd go too far wrong with any of those. I do like my New Vaquero. The old ones are even tougher, as well as less costly at the moment. I've handled the Stampede, and it was just flat out the lovliest-finished revolver I'd ever handled. It had a very smooth action too. And I've always heard Cimmaron provides excellent products.

Back