Need a new revolver

I agree with the idea of a .32 or light .38sp. But it also depends on how your arthritis exhibits. a double action revolver trigger might be a bit much, and too light of a gun has its own problems.
Before putting his money down for a revolver he might want to explore tip up barrel semi-autos such as the Beretta 3032 or similar. they have a single action trigger and the tip up action is much easier than a slide for most people.
http://www.beretta.com/en-us/3032-tomcat-inox/

I have a Baretta 21a in 22LR. I believe this is mechanically the same as the tomcat with a tip up barrel. These guns are made without extractors. If the round fails to fire you are pretty much dead in the water in any real world defense scenario. You rack the gun, ammo will not come out. The 22 has to be pried out. I image a center fire round might drop out or you could bang it. The 22 with the rim expanded gets stuck. I dont like the design for defense. I my view more of a fun gun than a practical choice. It is very small. Well the 22 will easily fit in a pocket.

Not to say its a wrong choice. Just, for the OP's beniefit, be aware of the design limitation.

If I were in your position, and based on guns I have extensive experience with I would say find a nice S&W Model 67 and load it with a stout load of BE and 148gr wadcutters. I believe I've used 3.4 gr of BE, but I'd check that for sure before taking my word for it.

I also had to go back to a revolver because of nerve damage to my non-shooting hand. Just can't load a magazine, rack a slide or clear a jam/stove pipe.
So, with luck on GB, I got a Charter Arms Patriot in .327 Fed Mag. 6 shot, can use a wide variety of 32's and has a perfect 2.5" barrel. The frame is larger than a J, but smaller than a K. I don't plan on shooting a lot of the full .327's, but a good HP in 32 H&R would be my defense round. I practice with 32 SW Longs and found a great FMJ round from Fiocchi. 50 round box is only $20 at MidWay and very clean shooting without the leading and cloud of smoke lead rounds produce.
Look into the 32 line of revolvers. I love mine.

The standard 3 or 4" barrel .357 with light loaded Gold Dots like CCI makes. I don't know about other brand light .357 defense loads but they make them so there is less flash as well as recoil. Being in a wheel chair you want to stop the threat asap and hopefully with the first round. If you have trouble with the double action pull of what you buy you can have the springs replaced just making sure the hammer spring has plenty of oomph to make the gun go bang. In other words I'd go with the most powerful gun I could comfortably handle if I were you. Being in a wheel chair I'd think concealment for a full size gun to be easy.

Back