Need a lock-blade

My personal favorite is also the Emerson Commander. However, I just picked up a Kershaw Avalanche with the Ken Onion assisted opening feature. WOW - is this thing fast! For the price (~$85) it's an excellent all around choice for daily carry.

A while back, Smoky Mountain Knife Works had Spyderco Standards and Spyderco Rookies on close-out for around 40 bucks each. A steal in my opinion. I ordered one of both in plain edge. They are perfect little knives for everyday carry. They feature G10 scales and ATS-55 steel.

I have numerous Spydercos and recommend them highly. Check out the Wegner and Wegner Jr. (if you can find one...the Jrs. are discontinued).

------------------
Guyon
NRA, GOA, & TFA Member
Vote for your rights!!!

I bought a Gerber Chameleon at my local Target dept store, walmart sells them too, for around $25 which included a belt holster as well. Lockback, thumb stud for quick opening, and a thumb hole for securely holding it when opening. I love mine though I wish it weren't serrated.

A lot of knife for a little money. It's both a work and self defense tool for me, and I'm very happy with it.

Back