Need a little suppressor help.

Well today I looked up the e-mail address for our county sheriff. I popped the question about him signing off on form 4's. I hope to get a reply in my favor. Wish me luck. I'll let you guys know.:eek:

You have to store teh can so that nobody else has access to it, whether or not you live with a felon.

As far as the can itself, as long as it has a boster/nielson/lid/etc, it should work fine.

I got a reply. He said he wants to see the Wisconsin statutes which allow ownership of the the can as well as the form 4's. I wouldnt think I could get him the form 4's until I'm 21 and can start the paperwork, but does anyone know where I can dig up these laws to print off and or e-mail to him?

Dude, Step 1, you really need to locate a Class III SOT in your area. Post on silencertalk.com and ask for a dealer in your city. You'll find one there. The dealer will likely know how to interact with your local sheriff and will provide you with the Form 4. There may also be a state registration process that your dealer will know how to handle (or there may not be).

Step 2, you need to turn 21.

Don't get into a big pissing match with the Sheriff yet. You are pulling the trigger and panicking too early on the signoff. Buy the suppressor first from a dealer. If its not in stock sitting on his shelf you have MONTHS to wait until you have a Form 4 ready to sign.

Also, if he won't sign its no big deal. Set up a trust using Quicken Willmaker, get it notarized, and give your sheriff the middle finger.

Back