National Open Carry Day.

LONG PATH:

Thats a great idea! Make it FASHIONABLE to carry a Flint Lock, or Cap'n Ball Muzzel Loading pistol tucked into your belt right up front... a blatant gilded phalic symbol.
Put it ont the cover of DETAILS, GQ, GEORGE, and MAXIM (my favorite none weapon rag). Since it would be similar to the guns the colonials had Anti gunners who cry about multiple rounds would have no basis to stand. (Keep that single shot loaded with an over powered saboted round that could punch 4 inches of hardened steel) You could even pack TWO, a pair carried BLACK BEARD style... Edward Teach Would be PROUD resting in his watery Carolina grave! After a few years EVERY MAN would have one. It could be a STATUS thing like an SUV and a high snoot watch. After a while, we could move the vogue to Western Style Revolvers, then on up to Poly framed Autos!

------------------
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

Kodiac:

You know, I hadn't carried that to its logical conclusion. EXCELENT idea! I've got a friend in Dallas who occasionally carries a muzzle-loading cane that requires the rubber tip to be pulled off before cocking the handle, dropping in a cap, and firing.

Most states are just fine with carrying muzzle-loading longarms. I'd like to see a Hawkin on the shoulder on every businessman on the city busses, and a plains rifle on the back of every construction-worker clocking in to work. Couriers could sling a muzzle-loader coach gun across their backs as they bicycled along.

Maybe Sharper Image could market an adaptor for the ramrod to hold an umbrella.

Tae Bo classes and the like could start teaching the art of close-order drill and butt-stroking.

Ahh, the day of the armed society-- will it ever return?

There could be a whole new industry there... Not stroking Tae butts - the gun part...

Custom engraved - inlaid duelling pistols tucked into the belt of your Oscar de Lorente business suite infront of your Board Meeting presentation. 20 year retirement gifts could be a custom POWDER FLASk instead of a crappy gold plated watch...

Liberty would be the "In Thing" instead of "Sheep."

What a DREAM, Eh?

And no jokes about inlaid butts! Keep this thread on the up and up here...

;)

------------------
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

Back to the rally part of this thread.

That is exactly what is going on in some states. If you haven't been to The March website, check out the "Nebraska Rally ...Aug 21" thread. There are several states planning rallies, and if your state doesn't have one yet, you could either start one or drive to a neighboring capitol and support theirs. The action/reacton that we are trying to pass along to the State congresses is that they should not follow the federal gevernment's ideas about gun control issues.

Someone proposed this poster slogan:

GET INVOLVED, OR GET A NEW HOBBY!

Fits very well.

Quit trying to make a statement. Just carry whatever you want concealed...all of the time. The 2nd Amendment, may I remind you, already gives us the "Right to Keep and Bear Arms". This means on our person, without a permit or license!!!!

Today, there is really no legitimate need to "open" carry unless you're in the field hunting, target shooting, etc.

The statement that we are trying to make doesn't really need to ever be made vocally or visually. If you feel so strongly about carrying a weapon, then do it...just keep it covered up so innocent unknowing sensitive folks can't see it. You will be carrying it BTW to defend yourself from bad guys anyway, so why is it necessary for you to display it?

While on the subject, if you don't concealed carry already, is it because of un-Constitutional gun laws that you don't? Haven't you ever sat in a movie theater or a restaurant and felt defenseless against (the possibility of) someone who could pull a Columbine caper? You need to justify for yourself a need to carry, then do what YOU think is right. You are protected by the 2nd Amendment, regardless of what any bureaucrat or civil servant might claim.

Back