Name This Pistol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skorzeny

Here is a pistol I am looking for:

1. Chambered for .45 ACP.
2. Full-size (not compact), all steel (no polymer or aluminum-alloy frame).
3. Single-stack magazine (slim grip).
4. Single-action OR double-action with "cocked and locked capability."
5. Complete reliability with all hollowpoints.

Please don't tell me Kimber or Springfield "Loaded." I know that many qualify, but a few still fail no. 5.

Can anyone tell me a pistol that fits the bill?

Skorzeny

------------------
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence. Sun Tzu

Here's a few ideas:

Smith & Wesson Model 745 (SA with ext safety)
CZ-97
Smith & Wesson Performance Center 845
Rock River Arms 1911s
Les Baer 1911s
Colt 1911 properly customized by a top drawer gunsmith like Novak or Clark

FYI...No flames please, but IMHO I think half of the problems with 1911s are related to messing with the original poundage of the recoil spring. My custom Lightweight Commander had to be cleaned quite frequently and was finicky with ammo until I said "what the hell" and put the old factory recoil spring back into the gun. Now it purrs like a Ferrari and ejects brass cleanly. Also, if you have a custom barrel installed, have the chamber bored out to industry specs so the tight match grade chamber doesn't hamper functioning.

- Anthony

[This message has been edited by Anthony (edited August 09, 1999).]

I am sorry, I forgot to add no. 6!

6. Under $750 retail price.

Skorzeny

------------------
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence. Sun Tzu

A 1911 with the Seacamp's conversion, Oh yes, they are not made any more.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

SIG P220 but it has an aluminum frame. Why no aluminum?
CZ97
EAA Witness
Taurus PT945

[This message has been edited by joegerardi (edited August 10, 1999).]

People, people, people:

NO double-action guns! Unless of course, it can be cocked & locked.

NO aluminum-frame guns, NO polymer-frame guns.

It must be 100% reliable with ALL hollowpoints. It's for flexibility and I don't think that it is too unreasonable to ask (since many guns are so reliable).

Please take a look at the six requirements before "naming" this pistol. Thanks!

Skorzeny

------------------

Buy a Norinco 1911A1 for $300 & spend the "other" $450 getting it to sit, beg & roll over if that's what yer after ! ;)
My stock Norino Govt. model fed anything & I do mean anything straight from the box !!
And it only cost $300 Aus brand new.
Remember that all the USA Norinco's already have had their money sent to China & your bucks will only be goin' towards the guy you buy it from. :D

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"
http://www.para1911fanclub.w3.to/

The Desert Eagle has a .45ACP variant, no?

Cmon--more hints! :-)

------------------
Exodus 22:2 -- Biblical precedent for home defense.

Ah, but do Witness .45 ACP and CZ-97 have single-stack magazines? I think not, with their 10-round capacity.

Please let me know if that is not the case.

BTW: How is the grip-size of the CZ-97 compare with that of CZ-75/85? How about the grip-to-trigger distance?

Skorzeny

------------------

Sounds like a ASTRA or STAR...

------------------
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

h&k usp45.
don't get hung up on steel. steel scratches, and the finish comes off.
the h&k usp 45 is virtually indestructable.
(also i agree about the sig 220, what a nice piece!)

h&k usp45.
don't get hung up on steel. steel scratches, and the finish comes off.
the h&k usp 45 is virtually indestructable.
(also i agree about the sig 220, what a nice piece!)

Nebob:

The idea here is to name the gun that meets the criteria listed above, not to impose what we like on the criteria ("hey, polymer is better than steel").

I like the USP Compact (I have one in .40S&W), but the criteria calls for, among other things, an all-steel gun with single-stack magazine. The USP Compact fails these two criteria.

Try again, please.

Skorzeny

------------------

That's easy! The venerable, often imitated, but never duplicated COLT Gummint Model!

------------------
Yankee Doodle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back