Naa Mini As A Personal Defense Gun?

Darkangel, there are indeed .22Magnum loads that can pull 2,200fps - problem is, they can only do that out of a RIFLE!

From a 1.5" barrel, the best you can hope for in .22Mag is a 30grain load doing 1,200fps. That'll be the CCI MaxiMag +V or the +V "TNT" variant (same load, but a Sierra 30grain JHP with a more advanced cavity).

That load pulls 1,400fps from a 4" MiniMaster. From a 6" Ruger Single Six or similar, I'd guesstimate mebbe 1,500fps.

Which isn't bad. The 1,200 from a 1.5" is on par with a low-end .32ACP, while at 1,400 you're strongly into high-end .32ACP territory. And remember, this is talking about "total raw energy", so with a narrower projectile at the same energy, you'd expect the .22Mag to punch fairly deep (by mousegun standards anyway) in soft tissue and *probably* penetrate skull on a headshot.

It's in that latter problem that .22LR from a 2" or shorter barrel may not work. .22LR from a very short tube may not penetrate skull even on a direct bone shot. The Yellowjacket would have the best chance and in the 4" MiniMaster tube, would probably work fairly well, although still not as good as the best .22Magnums from a 1.5" barrel.

Just do a search here on on the www for Robert Hedley Pocket Holster P-32, Guardian, Seecamp and you'll find the best P-32 holster maker in the US.

Robert is a retired guy in Florida who makes each holster hand sown and even colored lighter or darker to your preference.

Most of the KTOG folks love his holsters and Kel Tec and NAA even recommend and showcase his holsters on their website. One of the armorers at KT recommended the holster to me.

Its the only leather holster that I paid $50 + for.

Love the back pocket right hnad holster. Can be worn in your right rear pocket like it was a wallet or in your front pockets just as comfortable. Jeans, Dockers all fine just no tight jeans.

Back