NAA Guardian 32 ACP Range Report

I have a NAA Guardian .32acp and have been carrying it for years as a deep cover gun due to where I work. It is a little heavier than say a P32 but I like the solid feel of a steel gun so its a non issue to me.

I've shot an NAA Guardian .32acp several times but find it simply no where near as pleasant as my more experienced 32s. But it is new and still being made and if it gets to the point I have to transition away from my current crop it would be on the list as a possible replacement. I keep hoping though that Remington will introduce a 32acp kit for the RM380. Now that is something I'd definitely jump on.

I put another 50 rounds through my new Guardian 32 and it's eating everything I feed it. I'm now carrying it as a pocket gun on walks and quick outings. I like the small size and the weight isn't an issue. This was a good purchase for me!

Yup, aside from the slightly stiffer recoil and the heavier weight, it is a great pocket pistol. I'd carried ones back in the days of undocumented carry.

I have always wanted one to put into my Pocket gun collection. But I would prefer one in 380. It would not replace my Pico or Kahr, for carry, but it is just one cool little gun. I understand the concept of these guns very well and would not be at all concerned about the last round not ejecting or stove piping.
I love the 380.cal, but do own the Keltec P32. Another amazing little gun. And crazy light weight of only 6 1/2 ounces. I carry this gun in shorts on the hottest days of summer. Heck, the little sucker can even be used as a backup to a pocket gun. And the gun runs great so far. I do not shoot it as often as the 380's, but when I do, I can shoot it very accurately.
Yes, the Keltec is crud in comparison to the nice Gardian. On the opposite end of the specturm in looks and weight. Do not own the Guardian yet, but maybe some day.
Congrats to the OP. Nice gun for sure.

FYI- question from Poster about last round to Manufacturer.

Last round

I have read/experienced that the case from the last spent round occasionally gets stuck between the slide and the frame. Is this a product ‘failure’? Should I be concerned?

No, frankly, not at all. Yes, we are aware of, and understand the causes of, this condition. Yes, it is not an uncommon occurrence. No, we do not believe it represents a performance failure and we do not intend to try to ‘correct’ the condition.

The design of this pistol does not include an ejector (not to be confused with an extractor), but relies on the following action of a fresh cartridge, as it is moving up the magazine stack and towards the chamber, to push the spent extracted case out of the breech. When the magazine is empty and there is no following cartridge to exert this pressure, the spent case may simply be trapped by the slide returning forward (the slide is not designed to remain open after the last round).

"When a full magazine is inserted to replace the empty one, the slide must, in any/every event (‘stovepipe’ or not) be re-racked to chamber a fresh round. During this process, the spent case simply falls freely out of the breech and the pistol returns to battery – as though the condition had never existed. (Please note that we are not attempting to excuse any stovepipe of a live round. If that condition exists with any of our pistols, we will be happy to rework the gun to eliminate that failure)."

The .380 version is quite a bit larger, heavier and has snappier recoil than the .32 version.

The .32 is a hair smaller than my Beretta 950BS .25 auto.

Yeah, I went back and forth for a while deciding between the NAA 32,the Seecamp 32 and the NAA 380. All are relatively small so I read reviews,watched youtube video and held each one. The Seecamp just seemed too finicky with ammo and the breakdown was more difficult. The NAA 380 was larger than what I wanted. The NAA 32 is fitting the bill nicely. I went for a walk today and it tucks very nicely into my FlipBelt, completely out of sight.

Concerning the .32 ACP, there's always the dreaded "rim-lock" problem some shooters have reported experiencing. :eek:

Last edited:
Concerning the .32 ACP, there's always the dreaded "rim-lock" problem some shooters have reported experiencing. :eek:
rim lock only occurs [in .32 acp] with the short hollow point rounds in magazines that can also hold the longer fmj rounds. its not a guarantee to occur but it has happened enough to raise concern, and when it does its not something that can be quickly cleared. using hollow points in magazines designed for them, or staying with fmj in standard magazines and rim lock is nil.

Back