My worst handgun purchase (from a price standpoint).

I sorta changed my thinking about this very issue. Maybe rationalized is more like it. In my smallish mind I look at it like this. Say one pays $900.00 for a gun that is really only worth $700.00. You use and enjoy the heck out of that gun for several years, then sell it out of need for what it's worth - $700.00. Cost of that gun was $200.00, not $900.00! I am sure the enjoyment of shooting and owning that gun over the course of a few years was worth more than the $200.00 difference. Pretty cheap ownership. At least this is what I tell my self when this happens. jben

jben, I agree with you and see it the same way. As long as it doesn't sit in your safe, unshot, you will shoot it, use it and enjoy it for what it is. Even if you paid a few hundred more than it was worth at the time, prices will catch up should you decide to sell it later on. Like you said, even if you lose $200, you will (should have) enjoyed it a lot more than $200 could ever give you.

smith and wesson

I bought a Smith and wesson Sigma V 9mm pistol. I learned V was for "Value" which it was not. Can't remember what I paid but I moved it fast and cheap.

Back