My wife finally wants a gun! Ruger Bearcat

Nice little guns. Never owned one but shot one several times in the 1970's-1980's when elk hunting in the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Legendary Montana outfitter Howard Copenhaver always carried his in a shoulder holster.

If you or she has not removed the cylinder for cleaning yet, make sure you note where the notches are lined up, so you can get it back together with no effort.

Mike

Welcome to The Club. Mrs. Doc went almost the same a couple
of months ago except she had her LCR 357 in magnum & hated
it. Finally got her to try out a
SA 22. Now she even carries it!
Happy Wife, Happy Life. Congratulations.

Gary,
The trigger was a tad too forward for her finger to get comfortable pulling it & her hands hurt after firing it more than one or 2 shots. She didn't iike practicing.

I have always wanted a Bearcat but never did pick one up. I have an old flat latch S&W model 34 that weighs the same 24oz as the BC and didn’t see the point in just basically reproducing it. But if it would get my wife to try shooting I would get one.

I hope you post a report after you get your wife to the range. And it may sound crazy but consider buying a nice pellet pistol to practice at home with. I wore out a Crosman 1377 pump pistol by shooting it so often. It was used when I got it. But I give credit to that gun for teaching me to shoot a handgun. I am on my third one now.

Back