My week's results of open carry...

Ed, actually rural Arizona is probably as free as it ever was, so don't lose heart. As someone noted elsewhere, the big urban areas tend to be the problem.

I was in northern Arizona one day, and began removing my revolver / holster before going into a market. A fellow who worked there saw me, and asked what I was doing. I explained that I was going into the market, and figured I didn't want to get anyone excited. He said "Hell man ... you're in the 'right to keep and bear arms' country. C'mon in!".

Decided right then and there I like that little town!

Ed, you let us know if you're coming out here some day, and we'll show you the best of AZ.

[This message has been edited by Jeff Thomas (edited April 15, 1999).]

Jeff- I'm really not trying to turn the forum into a personal message board, but I want to say thanks for the kind invite. Last time I was in Az was '93. I drove from Las Vegas back to the Phoenix airport by way of U.S. 93 through Wickenburg. Man, what a stretch of nothing but wide open space. Made me wish I had my old .270 along just to kick up some dust way out there.

My son and I drove out to Prescott in mid 80's to see the Embry-Riddle campus where he was planning on going. He wound up attending the Daytona Beach campus, but we sure enjoyed the trip and we both loved the area between Prescott and Flagstaff. He's now a 727 driver for a major airline, which allows me to fly for next to nothing so I am planning another trip to AZ, maybe this summer.

Back