My ongoing Rossi debacle

Not Mine!

That is a shame,I bought a Rossi 92 about a year and a half ago and have put at least 1500 rounds through it ,both .38 and .357 without any issues at all.It took a little polishing up to get rid of the gritty trigger and some piddling with the sights to get them on the money
It is my truck gun and also goes in the cab of my tractor when I am doing field work,out to about 75 yds it is big medicine for coyotes,feral cats and groundhogs
Its a shame you got a bum one mine works great and there is a fellow up the road that has one in .44mag that works great also,hope you find something that works for you;)

Cold,
Marlin leverguns don't have a bad rep because Remington bought Marlin & moved the company.
They have a bad rep because far too many of 'em were far too badly built after the move. :)

Which Remington has acknowledged & spent a lotta money to correct.

The Rossi is a gamble, and they generally need some slicking up for best results, but the Boomerang Model in this thread's gone way beyond.

Both of mine were worked on by Steve & both are slick little guns.
Denis

I have a Rossi Ranch Hand in .45 Colt that I absolutely love. It took a little bit to get it to were I was happy, but I am glad I bought it. (About three years ago.)

I was looking at buying another Rossi in .357 Mag and stumbled across this post. Leave it up to you guys to give quality feed back on different items. I appreciate the info you have provided.

I do have to wonder if quality has improved/declined in just the last few years? Maybe they are trying to push as many as they can out with the current market?

I also have a ranch hand that I picked up several years ago in 44. Most useless gun I have ever bought but the most fun.
I did have some problems at the start but it was easy to fix. It was just filled with grayish grease.
Once that was cleaned it’s been a very good gun and reliable.
I feel your pain man. The problem you’re having is totally unacceptable.
Sometimes it sad that we don’t have a lemon law with guns like we do with cars. Been there with cars but that’s another story.

Back