My oldest gun (that still shoots) is.....

My second oldest is a neat one

Here is my second oldest pistol. I wanted to share it because its fairly scarce and unusual. Its an Allen Wheelock large frame revolver. It is 34 cal and still works great. Made in the 1850s most likely. Per flaydermans, only approx 1000 were made before the civil war.

AW2.jpg

AW3.jpg

AW1.jpg

AW4.jpg

two

I have two rifles from the 1870s - a Martini-Henry long lever and a Springfield Trapdoor Carbine. Both are great shooters.
Pete

I'll play.....

1910 Ithaca Flues 20 Ga. double. We got it as a kid in the early 70's and I shot all kinds of shells out of it until the advent of the internet when I could look up the serial numbers - never thought it was 100 years old! Now, I shoot it usually just once a year on a dove shoot with mild loads.

J

me too, I'll play

Not my oldest, but certainly my oldest AND frequently compete with, a Swedish Mauser, M96, 1901.

Silver Medal in this years CMP Eastern Games.

Put several hundred rounds through it per year. Fine, fine weapon. ;)

My 1911 manufactured in 1913. Served in WWI, WWII, Korea, Cold War, WOT, Last Offical Act was at LTC. Berncks Change of Commander Cermony in Pine Bluff, AR in 1994.

Not very old compared to some the postings by others: a 1893 7x57mm Spanish Mauser. Oldest handgun is a S&W 1917 .45 issued in early 1918.

I'm the starter of this thread and have really enjoyed the photos of all the old shooters. I did not originally enclose a picture of my 1892 so here it is

Attachments

• Winchester 92 014.jpg
    Winchester 92 014.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 40
Near mint 1891 Argentine Mauser. Also have a 1888 Commission Rifle but it was 'upgraded' by the Turks in the 30's. Both shoot just fine.

A pin fire double gun from the 1850's is second oldest.
CIMG5976.jpg

CIMG5977.jpg

CIMG5980.jpg

CIMG5981.jpg

CIMG5990.jpg

Oldest is the Whitney rifle made under government contract in 1798 when Jefferson was president. It's missing a screw and a band, and yes it was converted from flint to cap in the 1800's -- but it will still fire.

CIMG4698.jpg

I have an ancient cannon dating back to the Jurassic period. It was presumably used for hunting dinosaurs and large insects.

I have an ancient cannon dating back to the Jurassic period. It was presumably used for hunting dinosaurs and large insects.

I believe you but no one else will if you do not post a picture.

Post a picture or did not happen! :)

My oldest is a Colt 1903 (made in 1907) in .32acp. It's a fun gun to shoot and is one of the few my wife will actually shoot outside of my .22s.

Back