My New Rifle

Ditto on the service appreciation aforementioned.

Craig Boddington did an article in this months RifleShooter magazine on bullet calibers and weight selections(mostly if not all related to hunting in North America). Being a fan of the quarter-bore I frowned a bit when he complained about the ballistic coefficient being lower than that of other comparable calibers. However, he essentially gave a 21-gun salute to the 6.5 caliber. I can't argue with his math either. It's one helluva caliber and the Creedmoor is a fascinating little recent cartridge. I'll give you solid props on your finished product. Nice work!

Thank You! Davis21Bravo, for walking point for all of us! Make sure you get checked out by the VA for a possible service connected rating.

Welcome home brother and thanks for your service and watering the tree of freedom. I still remember walking thru LAX coming back from Nam and all the crap I went thru just changing planes. Welcome to this forum and shoot straight brother.

Thanks everyone for the support I have finally made it back home. I did get just a breif chance to get out and shoot it a little and must say that I love it. I didn't get to shoot much didt't even get it zeroed yet. I also relized that I had my base on backwards lol. I didn't relize at the time I had the 20 moa cant base (thought I oreder regular) but now I'm glad I do have the 20 cant as it will help when I get to go do some long range shooting. I will be having surgery on my knee the 23rd so I won't be very mobile for a little while but as soon as I get the chance I will give you everyone a good range report on the rifle and optics. From what I can tell so far though I love it, it is great. Thank yall again.

My new rifle

Welcome home. I will pray for your surgery and speedy recovery. You who go into harms way on my behalf have my deepest gratitude.
Bill Daniel

Sorry it's been awhile. I have had my surgery and it was rough for awhile but I'm doing good now. Won't be running and jumping for a little while but I'm doing much better.

I have had a few chances to get out and shoot some and just wanted to let you know that I love it. The rifle shoots good and I like the 6.5 creedmoor. As for the adjustable muzzle break on the rifle I don't turn it on don't really see any point in it. It has gotten stuck in the off position but no big deal as I don't use it any ways.

The Votex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP is great. The turrets are easy to grip and adjustments are positve. It is very clear and crisp even in low light. Seems to be built tough. Their no BS warrenty is one of the reason I chose them as well and it fully transferable as well. The best scope I have ever owned and would highly recommed it to others.

Back