My New Rifle

davis21b

Well, I got wounded while in Afghanistan. So, I didnt get to go home on R&R as planned but I finally made it back to the states. I did get to go home and see my family for the Memorial Day weekend first time I have seen my family in about 8 months. Haven't had the chance to shoot it yet but, I did get to mount the scope and everything and take a good look at everything.

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/21uvh.jpg

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/e4f95.jpg

Savage 11 LRH 6.5 Creedmoore
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50mm
Talley Tactical rings
Talley Tactical One-piece Base
NC Star Bi-pod professional grade

Pretty excited at how it turned just ready to try it out hopefully they will let me go home and and do what they need to do.So what you think?

First, thanks for the sacrifice you have made for our country. Second, thats a nice setup with a very underrated caliber in my opinion. I would love to see this caliber get more attention. Let us know how she shoots and what you think overall about the 6.5 creedmore's ability in the hunting world.

May God help you make a full recovery from your wounds. Thank you for your service and sacrafice.

Nice little set-up. My neighbor has the 6.5 Creed in a Model 12. His likes the heavier bullet ranges over the lighter ones FYI. Very, very accurate gun with no recoil, of course his weighs about 12lbs or something like that.

If I was setting one up its what I would go for.

Intrigued by the 6.5.

Sounds like you have a great setup

Glad to have you back home.

Your pics are a little on the small side for me. I like the description.

The main thing is to have fun, so take that thing out and shoot the heck out of it.

Thak you for your service and sacrafice. Great rifle and love the caliber. I have three Vortex viper scopes all mounted with Talley rings. Very well put together rifle I know you'll enjoy It.

My new rifle

Welcome home and Thanks! Go shooting and let us know how it does. Enjoy the freedom you help preserve.
Bill Daniel

Welcome back to the World. I hope you make full recovery and still get some disability pay from Uncle Sam.

Love those Savages, best rifles for the money that I know of. Have some fun, you've EARNED IT the hard way.

I'm glad you made it back, hopefully in not too many pieces..........

and I'm sorry you got hit.............perhaps this rifle will brighten a day or 2.

I just ordered a savage (rifle that is) myself and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival

:D

Thank you for your service, your sacrifice, and welcome home!

The setup sounds good. Hope you heal and have the chance to shoot. Here. At home. Where no one is shooting back.

Back