My New M-39

Todd1700

Just added another Mosin Nagant to the fold. This one is a 1942 "B" barreled M-39. Pristine bore and not a scratch on it. I'm headed to the range to shoot it later today.

M-39s.jpg

My '44's look all war torn next to that rifle.

I had six of them a one time when they cost $69. I was putting the triggers on other rifles. None looked like that.

DSCF0002.jpg

.......:D............

Beautiful rifle Todd! It looks like a factry new show piece.

I have a 1942 VKT M39. Best looking/made of all of my M-N's. I'm thinking of reloading 7.62x54R just because of the it.

MJ1: "I had six of them a one time when they cost $69." And you only bought SIX!?

Holy cow, Todd!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

I thought the wood I had on my Finnish Sneak that I traded away (foolishly) was nice, but that's incredible. Nice find.

Sorry MJ1, I think that he has you beat on this one. :p

Sorry MJ1, I think that he has you beat on this one.

I said it it was nicer than mine. It's not a contest. I just have a variety other interests in the Mosin world and can't fixate on one. I like the M91 and 91/30 Finn's as well as CCCP carbines and 91/30's.

Plus I have that Enfield problem still. That's 100 rifles in the locker easy.

Cheers
...MJ...

vote10.jpg

My interest waunders all over.
vote05a.jpg

ak006.jpg

bkt022.jpg

MJ1 man you are killing me with those PU sniper models. You having 3 or 4 to my none is just wrong and I may have to lodge a formal complaint to the website moderators. LOL!! Also those laminate stock Mosins really look fanatastic and I need to jump on one myself while they can still be had at a reasonable price. Mosinitis is a serious incurable disease isn't it?

Oh and I did check under the tang and it is built on a 1907 Tula reciever.
Still has an Imperial Eagle with a cyrillic PK on top of the reciever.

MJ1 - I noticed that some of your Mosin's had a different front barrel band than the usual MN "ring 'n' spring". Is that an M39 feature?

Yes an M39 feature.

The finn's had a higher reguard for their troops and provided a better rifle. Bayonet and sling mount points were improved as well as bedding and sights.

Last edited:
NO!

I will take as many as I can down.

..................................:D........................................

Last edited:
Yeah, and where is your house located and when will you be out of town for a while? LOL!!!

Seriously, that is just awesome. Congrats on a helluva collection.

Back