My New Book on Vintage .22 Rifles

Bill, I picked up Winchester Model 61, a Winchester Model 63, and a Winchester 1885 low wall.

The 1885 may not actually be a classic, it's a Miraku produced gun under the Winchester brand. But it sure is an accurate open sight, offhand shooter.

JWT, Congrats on some very fine rifles. I would be willing to bet that they will all shoot great. Miroku makes some extremely high quality firearms. I own several, including the M52B Sporter, and I am quite happy with them all. Thanks again for your interest in the book.

Yes, it's quite true that this thread is pretty old, but I just wanted to let everyone know that Volume II is in the works and about ready to send to the publisher. It should be out by November. It will include about 25 more vintage and classic .22s including the Browning SA-22, Remington 513S, 521T and 550-1, the Marlin 39, Savage 1914, Stevens Visible Loader, Winchester 63, 69A, and 72, and several others.
Thanks again for everyone's interest. I am truly grateful.

* * * I mainly cover the really popular ones from Stevens, Savage, Marlin, Remington, and Winchester. Thanks for asking!

Interesting. Good luck with the new volume of your book.

For my Dad's 12th birthday, Gramp's gifted him with one of the Remington 'Teeners,' ... a 510 'TargetMaster.' It's a single-shot that engages the safety every time you cock it, which is perfect for teaching a young boy about safety and safe gun-handling practices.

I inherited it after he passed. That damn thing shoots right there with my best CZ .22s at 50-yds. It seems to like most modern rimfire stuff, and loves the CCI Mini-Mags.

Dad shot it iron sights only for decades. It's taken an untold number of squirrels, crows, raccoons, possums, ground hogs, ... and about any other critter a southern Illinois farm boy could get in his sights. Possibly a few coyotes too.

Doyle, I'm working on getting that corrected. I don't check it much, and didn't realize it was down. Thanks for letting me know.

agtman, Thanks. The new book will have the Rem 513S and 521T which use the same action as the 512. Excellent rifles all!
BTW, I went to grad school in Southern Illinois (Carbondale) Beautiful country and lots of opportunities for outdoorsmen!

Back