My Glock 23 experience.

ckurts,

Since you're experienced with autos so you'll pick up the Glock trigger without much difficulty. Some advice to stage the trigger (pull it back until you feel resistance and fire). I think that staging is a quick fix that has the potential for failure to reset trigger, especially during rapid fire. I was simply too impatient to invest the time needed to master a Glock trigger and I didn't have the inclination to invest in modifying to heavier New York and New York + trigger systems. I thus decided to rely on a DA/SA for defense. I do think, however, that an operator that masters a Glock's trigger is as well armed as they would be with any other high quality pistol.

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

[This message has been edited by Tecolote (edited January 10, 2000).]

Glocks ARE habit forming...

This is the only warning that you will receive!

I shot them on and off for years, but I never owned one because there was something that was missing.

Training!

Now I have 2 and the next pistol I buy will be a Glock.

------------------
I am not a dangerous psychotic!
I just play one at work.

I have a Glock 27, 23, 22 and 35. The 35 I use for IDPA and the 23 and 27 I use for ccw. I really like my 23. The 27 is a little smallish and I hate it withhout the grip extension on the mags. One thing I would recommend is that if you plan to carry a Glock, Glocks should be all that you shoot. I've seen very few people transition between say 1911s and Glocks. I tend to stage the trigger on the draw with a Glock. Try this with a 1911 and you get a hole in the ground 5 feet in front of you. When I decided to go with Glocks, I sold all my other handguns. Just food for thought.

Back