My college wants its students to be easy victims.

root said:
I go to school in colorado and from what I understand Pistolenschutze is right about our laws. Although, I wouldn't carry since my campus is patrolled by colorado springs PD - very anti-gun. The police do offer a self-defense class each semester which usually consists of maneuvers to hurt an assailant long enough to run away.

Root, Pike's Peak or UCCS? You are only too right about the cops in the Springs, not to mention the People's Republic of Denver. :mad: Fortunately, I live in Canon City which is not so closely supervised by the police. We do have a security guard, but he's an old VN vet like me and doesn't get overly excited about :eek: ! guns.

carry a laptop anti theft cable with a lock on it. make a loop around your wrist and swing away. carry a nice folder knife, call it a tool for work, not a weapon. I went to school in Mn and no one ever asked why a kid had a knife, just assumed all kids did. I carried a pistol to class all the time in grad school in DT mpls. once a couple of girls saw it when i was pulling off a sweat shirt before class, I said, not going to get mugged down here, later that night at break, they asked me to walk them to their cars, I did so for rest of the semester. ended up dating one for a year.

UCCS, and I suppouse I'm lucky as far as campuses go. Having been to others throughout the country, UCCS is suprisingly well lit everywhere and there's few places where you are more than 50 yards from a call box.

yeah, they built a "path" to some new student housing, there's a huge bright light every 25 yards and a call box every 50. The path is only 350-400 yards long. they just like to spend $$. I think 1 call box would have sufficed

Back