My 58 Musket

kwhi43

I don't think they make these anymore. It's a Euroarms 58 cal. Musketoon.
They sure are accurate. Anybody have one like it?

53d697d4d0e42289f5f6dab75438d2f4.jpg

37704e48aaed69cad24072826c927cd0.jpg

9375f43486ef65a53cdd48bbfca958fc.jpg

e8fc20ea93dc11ce1d409a190cd0cfca.jpg

Last edited:
I got it from a guy in Australia . It is a Peabody Martini cadet sight. I don't
use the musket anymore. Might put it up for sale. If I do, I will put it in the
For Sale section.

GARY,

I've also got a Parker Hale musketoon (original PH back from `75/`76)** and have both the PH thick-skirt and Lyman thin skirt OS Minnies.

Out of curiosity, which bullet does yours prefer ?

**(First BP weapon I ever owned)

I use the PH thick skirt. It's the only mould I have for the three Parker Hales (Rifle, short rifle and musketoon). They shoot well with it.

From The Library of Congress Civil War Desk Reference
By Margaret E. Wagner, Gary W. Gallagher, James M. McPherson

Pattern 1856 Enfield Artillery Musketoon 500 were imported by the North significant numbers by the South. Pattern 1858 Enfield Cavalry Carbine 200 were purchased by the North, significant numbers by the South.

Wow, thank Hawg.

It appears they were wrong. I think the Musketoons are soooo neat, so short yet powerful and accurate. It's like a 19th century Mosin M44! :D

It appears they were wrong. I think the Musketoons are soooo neat, so short yet powerful and accurate. It's like a 19th century Mosin M44!

No comparison, the Enfield is a much better weapon. :D

Depending on where the Enfield was made, it can be a better weapon. Some springs were not properly heat treated and were too brittle and prone to breakage. "Enfield" made in Belgium could be pretty bad and in that case, i'd rather have a Springfield. However, if the Enfield was made to British standards, I'll take that instead.

Back