Muzzle re-crown

Some people are mighty good at machining work. Never know. Already did a good job from the looks of things.
I get things right sometimes--usually after doing them wrong at least once. I'm jealous of those people who do it perfectly right every time. I'm also jealous of those people who get perfect parts every time--I have an amazing ability to attract defects.:D:D

I'm just wanting to know what ever in the world would make you think that an AR would be as accurate as a Savage bolt action??!!

Realistic expectations, Stag!!

I've watched factory Savage rifles out perform full on custom bench rest rifles.
Several times.

I'm just wanting to know what ever in the world would make you think that an AR would be as accurate as a Savage bolt action??!!

Realistic expectations, Stag!!

I've watched factory Savage rifles out perform full on custom bench rest rifles.
Several times.
I never did expect it to come close to my savage bolt rifle--but I was hoping to get close to what my AK and AR47 can do, I figure that's reasonable. I find leading in the bore from soft points, so I figure the bullets are getting "mashed around" in process of cycling and firing.

Stop the Press: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing the crown does is keep you from dinging the muzzle. It does not make it more accurate.

You have a flash suppressor or Muzzle brake.

Leave it alone! You can only make it worse.

Been some test done that proves it can be hacked pretty good and not change much but why take a chance?
The crown is the muzzle, where the bullet leaves the rifling.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I had that problem with the 90° cutter. I discovered that if I used a removable chuck to adapt it to a flexible shaft drill extension, it stopped the problem.
That's interesting. I'm going to try it next time I recrown, together with the glass marble for polishing. Thanks.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back