Muzzle pinning

I see. Then the setting should be quite strong. If someone try to torque it with brute force, the muzzle device would probably break before the pin yields.

-TL

New York Sez Grind threads OFF, FOUR Tack welds 90* apart or blind pin welded. ( still grind threads off) I *Think* they also allow a percentage of weld around the circumfrence so you can have 2 beads top and bottom. Four small TIG tacks put less heat than a bead of any kind.

While I had the tig torch in my hand, I also unitized the gas cylinder. Really helped accuracy. (M1A)

David

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

New York Sez Grind threads OFF,

Huh? Can you post a link to this legislation?

No way to attach a muzzle device correctly- on any rifle- without precision machined threads concentric to the bore.

Definitions --solder low melting point Such as the Slver SOLDER which melts at about 450F, contains tin with a few % silver .
High temperature silver "solder " is , and should be called silver BRAZE.
900 F + !
Call it what it is !!! :rolleyes:

Huh? Can you post a link to this legislation?

No way to attach a muzzle device correctly- on any rifle- without precision machined threads concentric to the bore.
No I cannot find it, but I have read it, because it calls for 4 tack welds to hold the flash hider (front sight) on my M1A to keep it legal in NY. I am a welder.

NY does not like the threads on the end of the barrel. It says grind them off and weld or blind pin the sight on.

David

Flash hider wouldn't much matter- you could "eyeball it" straight "enough", as it has an exit hole you could drive a truck through.

Brake would be a completely different story.

Back