Music and Shooting

Music while shooting?

• Total voters
When I shoot I leave my guitar at home. When I play my guitar I have my pistol on. I can't see the possibility of needing my guitar to preserve life while shooting but I can sure see the possibility of needing my pistol when I play (or try to play) my guitar.:eek:

Urban, if that's your pleasure, check out the album "Fury of my maker's hand" by Devildriver. If that doesn't get you pumped up for destroying stuff, nothing will.

I listen to everything from Giacomo Puccini, Maria Callas, Slayer, Too Short, Coltrane to Cut Chemist. Laugh if you want, but shooting a high-cap carbine with Opera playing at full blast in the earplugs is the way to go. But lever-actions and George Jones is a great combination.

Hedley, I like how you shoot to either Slayer or Cut Chemist. Classic.

Personally, I don't listen to music while I shoot, but when I clean my guns and stuff, I almost always turn on some metal. Lately I have been into Arch Enemy and The Haunted, but In Flames is one of my favorite bands, so I listen to them a lot too. Sigh.... So nerdy that I am so into metal at 35.......

Hey Timbo, what's classic about it is that I've only shot blackpowder and a K-31 to Slayer. It was my own personal joke all day to be listening to metal while methodically and slowly reloading my Kentucky kit rifle. I think the urge to spray lead with anything high cap would be too great. That's why the AK shoots to the sounds of Opera.

Cool!! I thought I was the only one who did that. I wouldn't want to try that at a public range because the members there most likely wouldn't like my genre of music. I love pretty much all rap except for eminem. My favorite is latino rap. The beat is very calming. There's times where the bass actually seems louder than muzzle reports. :D

Well...

When shooting for practicality no music, however if I'm on the range with friends and we have watermelons, and TV we wanna eradicate, we'll kick in some Dimmu Borgir, Rammstein, and Nine Inch Nails.

\m/:cool:\m/ METAL ALL THE WAY \m/:cool:\m/

Epyon

I chose yes because when my buddy used to live rite outside of city limits we used to go outback of his house and shoot all the time. Well nine times out of ten we would pull the truck around back and play some music, unless we were working on tactics.

I gotta say ive never tried this but some metalica or system of a down would be nice under the ear muffs... I think im gonna have to give this a shot... pun intended :p

We don't generally shoot to music.

Although, one time when we went shooting with a family friend, he insisted on blasting some sort of bizarre Hawaiian music. That was ...interesting, to say the least.

If I was going to shoot to music, it would probably be soundtrack music. If we are shooting the older stuff, it would simply have to be the soundtrack to "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" or something from the other Westerns.

If we would be shooting the newer stuff, something like one of the Matrix soundtracks would be about right.

Or maybe AC/DC :D .

I-pod at the range.hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Might have to try that.

Just did it for the first time and it was fun. Actually helped me relax when looking down the scope. Mainly listened to old country music, but cranked up the coal chamber, and korn when doing CQB drills with the m4. Great idea.

I'd thought about in the past, but never bothered to.

I did today.

It was kinda fun, but I had alot of issues with the ear buds falling out under the 'muffs when pressed to the stock, but none the less, it was fun.

i don't listen to music while shooting but i DO listen to it while on here1 right now my headphones are on and i got the best of van halen goin.. they were the first big name band i ever saw on stage and i love em as much now as i did in "77" i do listen to tunes while reloading too sometimes....

LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO LISTEN TO COUNTRY WESTERN MUSIC!!!!!

Depends on what I'm doing or shooting. Ozzy, Van Halen, and the like is great for my clay-busting average. Handguns are more of a Dire Straights or Pink Floyd atmosphere. Keeping shot rythym with 'Money' from Dark Side of the Moon is fun. The long range requires something a little different though--Bach is good, Mozart works--my favorite is "O' Fortuna" from Carmina Burana. Just no Beethoven---can't do anything to Beethoven, he's way too distracting. Drain STH is my soundtrack for the reloading bench, always.

Absolutely. I would hesitate if I didn't have my own range just because I feel it is a bit of a safety hazzard for other shooters (i.e. if i can't hear my surroundings.) When I'm the only one around, I like to listen.

I love heavy metal when I'm shooting. Especially after a hard day at work. Really helps channel the energy and increases my focus, if you can believe that.

Chevelle has been my latest obsession. Although I'm all about Metallica, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, and Pink Floyd (I like old school).

Oh, and it doesn't get much better than Led Zeppelin.

I've listened to everything while shooting though. From Beethoven to Chingy to Hank Sr. I just prefer metal.

I too am Old School, Go Figure I'm Only 40
I go with Heavy Metal of my ara AC/DC Sabbath OZZY Floyd Zepplin Ted Nugent Metalica Van Halen Hendrix, Head Bangers Music..
Also check out Savatage, There band evolved into the Transiberian Orchestra, there's some sweet Guitar work in thier work, Try Edge of Thorns..
I have played Guitar for over 28 years now & still believe Randy Rhoades from Early OZZY solo ara to be one of the Greatest Guitarists of All Times.. God Rest His Soul!!

Packin Up the Range bag
Looks like 38spl 9mm 22lr & 12ga today!!:D
With a sideorder of OZZY Osbournes Tribute Album :D
OH YEAH!! TARGETS BEWARE!!

Back