Mounting a gun in the console of your car/truck

Mobilebrian

Inactive
I need to do something. Right now I've got an M&P 9c which spends most of its time floating around in the console in a paddle holster. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm about to get a Safariland QLS system for mounting mine in the car. Blackhawk makes a system just like it. Called S.T.R.I.K.E. I think.

Get a nylon holster with a retention strap. Cut a piece of thick plastic or thin sheet metal about 6" long and just wide enough to fit in the belt slot. Drill holes thru the ends of the plastic or sheet metal, slip that piece into the belt slot of the holster and use a couple of screws to mount it to the inside of the console where it's easy to access.

Older post...

The same subject came up a few weeks ago. The Kingston model rig from DeSantis fits around the front seat. ;)
Custom leather shops put out holsters for RVs vans etc but the wait time & price may be a problem.

ClydeFrog

I'd also look at a small portable safe if you have to leave it in the truck at times. I got a biometric that has a cable that can wrap around the car seat that works well and is easy in and out. 100 bucks on amazon.

I'm not a fan of leaving a gun in the car/truck. When I do have to it is either locked up in my cabled lock box or run a cable lock through the chamber, grip and then another cable lock locking that cable lock to the frame of the seat.

Not me
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...ick-easy-center-console-hidden-gun-mount.html
20E93E62-BB1C-46FD-94EC-5C425721994A-26088-00000C66C747950B_zps428fbbe3.jpg

Mine
Have a small black washcloth resting on top.
photo22.jpg

The middle console in my car is pretty deep so I bought 1 sheet of .08 kydex and got a cheap heat gun and made a imprint of one side of of my gun,trimmed it and screwed in into the inside of the console. Works well.

"Ramit" - that solution wouldn't work for me. Where would I put my beer? ;)

The NRA store has or had a thing that strapped to the dash below the wheel to hold a pistol.

I haven't really considered the use of a console gun. I wear my backup in a cross draw. If ZI had to shoot sitting down I'd pull that gun, instead of my primary.

Be careful - some states (like Texas) have concealment requirements (in TX's case, with or without a CHL) that require your pistol to be in a latched compartment or container like your glovebox or console. In such states you couldn't legally strap it into some of the locations I see above.

How do you like your Boberg?

For me in MY car, being a LH person, the map pocket on the door panel works well - no one can see it and it stays put in its holster

Be careful - some states (like Texas) have concealment requirements (in TX's case, with or without a CHL) that require your pistol to be in a latched compartment or container like your glovebox or console. In such states you couldn't legally strap it into some of the locations I see above.

Texas has no such requirement. They DO have the requirement it has to be concealed in the vehicle but not latched to anything.

Deaf

My XDm is my "car gun". I took a Safari Land 568 holster, wrapped the outside in skateboard grip tape and wedged it (Very tight fit) between my seat and the console, the griptape keeps it from moving anywhere. It may get thrown during a crash, but it keeps the pistol secure while driving in a very easy to draw position. The only downside is when my wife takes my car instead of hers, she moves the seat and the griptape scratches the heck out of the console.

Ramit,
If your in an accident, what would happen to your gun not being retained? Is it a good idea to have a loaded gun bouncing around a car in an accident?

My truck gun fits snugly between the drivers seat and the console. Works for me anyway. Your mileage may vary.

Back