Motorcycle carry

Maxpedition bag.

This too. If I'm not carrying OWB, my Maxpedition Fatboy Versipack has a nice zippered pocket that fits a Glock 30 perfectly.

It's great around town on my dual sport or sidecar. Not as much on my Bandit at freeway speed. Although, in a pinch you can turn it forward and it's not bad.

If not wearing chaps I carry a 1911 in a Galco avenger holster OWB strongside. If wearing chaps same pistol rides in a shoulder holster. I've gone down wearing the 1911 - didn't hurt the pistol, but left me with the distinct impression that no matter how you carry on a motorcycle, there's a chance you'll experience some extra bruising where the pistol rides. Its just part of the risk you take.

Usually leave the 442 in my pants pocket. Sometimes in pocket of my vest. Won't carry IWB on the bike. I've been down hard, do not want to ever land on a gun that's fixed in place to my back or hip.

Both of my jackets and my vest all have a pocket on the left side of my chest that will fit a small .380 to a small 9mm perfectly.

Tank bag here as well, have it sitting right on top of other gear in the bag. I think I can get it in my hand faster than from any holster through riding gear.

I can't foresee any situation where I will be drawing while moving.

Nobody is going to win any quickdraw competition with any carry method at all while actually riding. Or shoot while riding or anything else while riding except ride and all that entails. Tank bags, saddle bags etc. are fine as long as you accept the reality of leaving your firearm on the bike and off your person every single time you are off the bike unless in those instances you are going to stand there in a parking area or gas station, dig the gun out and get it concealed in front of folks.

Personally I carry while riding either using an inside vest pocket or my right front jeans pocket. Both with a pocket holster to keep debris off the pistol and to break up the outline.

Smith M60 with a 3" tube: in a 3" diameter, butt bag, strapped cross ways behind my saddle, along with a speed loader, my wallet, phone, and some Advil for when the seat starts to wear on me. When I get off the bike, I slip it in to a high ride, OWB holster, under my sweat shirt or riding jacket. Since my wallet's in there as well, I don't "forget" it.

The idea of using the gun from the saddle of my bike is a non-starter for me; and I fear that my riding jacket will rise in the 60+mph breeze and show off the gun. Rod (BMW 1200 GS)

Last edited:
640 pro IWB appendix carry.
I bought leather with a "gun pocket", I hated it.
The holster/strap in the pocket didn't secure anything very well.
I can draw the J frame from my ape hangers (I ride a Harley, not a crotch rocket) quickly enough for me to feel it's my best choice.

I am not that worried about having the need for a gun while riding. I figure I can outrun just about any problem for the most part.(concours 14). I am more worried about when getting gas or when off the bike so I normal carry lcp in my right front pocket. One time I did find myself in north St louis ( took the wrong way by accident) I found the lcp fits very nicely in the little glove box on my fairing. Even with the door open it can be gotten to very quickly with the left hand and cant be seen unless directly over the bike. A tank bag also works well for carry but is not secure when off the bike and can be a problem getting from the bag to on person depending on how many people are around.

Back