Motorcycle carry

t45

How many of you carry while on a motorcycle and what is your method of carry? Myself I use a lightweight shoulder holster.

Last couple of times trail riding carried a .44 mag Ruger Blackhawk to a favored shooting spot. Oodles of fun. The 3.75" Bisley carried easier than the 6.5" 50th Anniversary, but both worked great in Simply Rugged pancake holsters. Snug fits, neither revolver ever moved. Only the 6.5" stuck out of my motorcycle jacket, and I doubt anyone ever noticed.

I usually carry a J frame revolver in an owb holster covered by a t shirt or riding vest. If I have the vest on I also carry an NAA Black Widow cross draw in an upper vest pocket. It has the same effect as wearing a shoulder holster.

I don't ride anymore, but when I did, I went down once while wearing a sidearm in an OWB holster. Scratched the gun up pretty good, and left a bruise the size of a dinner plate on my hip.

After that, the gun went in the cargo box.

For all the years I rode a Harley, I carried in a leather Helicopter Pilot Holster. It rode on the upper left chest, not buried like a shoulder holster rig. Probably the most dangerous times for the rider is when stopped at a traffic light or stopped and still on the bike at a gas station. By unzipping the riding jacket just enough to access the gun, you have an easy solution to what could be a difficult problem.

If memory serves me, I think I bought that holster from Cheaper Than Dirt when they used to be cheaper than dirt.

I'm considering getting one of those leather cut vests that has an internal holster pocket. Anybody ever use one of those?

I don't carry any differently on my motorcycle than I do anywhere else. I always appendix carry IWB and my friend that rides shotgun carries OWB in the same place.

J frame in riding jacket outside pocket or LCP in right Rear pocket. Both with pocket holster.

I crashed once, had a big bruise on my right leg where my keys were in my pants pocket and a hematoma the size of a saucer on my left leg where my cell phone was.

Think of that when you pack.

David

I've given it a lot of thought how to carry while on a MC. I've settled on shoulder holster carry simply because its more comfortable to ride that way for ME. I know the possibility of going down is a worry and don't see hip or shoulder carry being any riskier than the other.

All of my riding jackets have inside pockets that can easily hold an LCP or Kimber Solo in a pocket holster.

90% of the time I carry like I do when I'm not riding. IWB at 4 to 5 o'clock. When I was in a club I had a pouch inside my cut that worked great as well.

I read too many horror stories about broken hips, so I carried my unchambered Kahr in my jacket's zippered chest pocket.

Good thing too, I landed on my side during my wreck. Sprained both wrists with one small bone broken, but I could walk afterward.

OWB. Recently put the bike down still recovering from a broken ankle. Carry a Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II. Scratched the holster and actually ground the cover off the laser sight. No other damage to the pistol.

Back