Most unusual conceal carry gun?

What is the most unusual conceal carry gun you've seen?

• Single/double shot type (like a Derringer)

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Black powder

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • AK/AR

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Shotgun

• Submachinegun (Uzi, Mac, etc)

• .17 caliber

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • .22 caliber

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • 5.7mm x 28 caliber

• .25 caliber

• .32 caliber

• .41 caliber

• .454 caliber

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • .460 caliber

• .475 caliber

• .480 caliber

• .500 caliber

• Other (please specify)

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The strangest I ever heard about was a famed New Orleans gun engraver who carried a Manton percussion gentleman's cloak pistol back in the 60's.
These were British high quality single shot muzzle loaders that gentlemen carried in their cloak.

The writer who described this said that it was not at all a good idea to take the engraver on.

When I was a kid one of the older neighbors (probably born in the 1880s) had a Remington Double Deuce in .41 Short rimfire that he would occasionally stick in his pocket. If I remember correctly it had been his father's.

In years past I would occasionally carry an Iver Johnson breaktop .38 S&W, or my S&W Regulation Police.

I don't carry either anymore.

But I do occasionally carry my Taurus PT 22, or my Father's Iver Johnson TP-22.

Probably the most unusual gun I carry on a semi-regular basis is my P7PSP.

I bought a Colt Woodsman Sport a while back. Well worn, with the entire frame pretty much a light brown patina. But the barrel had a pretty good blue finish left on it. Don't know why the finish on the barrel is in so much better shape. New replacement maybe. Anyhow, the story is that the gun was carried every day by an old doctor back when they made house calls.
Came with a well worn leather holster as well.
Kind of a cool story, which I take with a grain of salt, but the bottom line is the darned thing is a tack driver!:D

I might have carried one of these in a front shirt pocket a few times.

stinger%20pen%202.JPG

Back in my early adulthood, I carried a .44 Cap & Ball revolver while delivering pizzas. It was simply all I owned at that time. Replaced it with a Chi-com Tokarev in 9mm, and then with good quality guns.

I think I just bought mine. ;)

A Smith & Wesson 396-1, "Mountain Lite", 5 shot, 44 Special, 3.5 inch barrel. Alloy frame, titanium cylinder. Weight 18 ounces. It literally feels like a toy gun in my hand. My Ruger LC9s (loaded) weighs more.

Recoil is no worse than a Charter Arms 44 Bulldog. I've got a pancake holster that it fits perfectly, but realistically I doubt I'll ever carry it. As someone earlier said, I wouldn't want to see it kicked across the parking lot. That's what Ruger LC9s's are made for. It would be great for it though.

I don't know what anybody else carries. I really don't even know anyone who does. I've never asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back