Most unusual conceal carry gun?

What is the most unusual conceal carry gun you've seen?

• Single/double shot type (like a Derringer)

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Black powder

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • AK/AR

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Shotgun

• Submachinegun (Uzi, Mac, etc)

• .17 caliber

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • .22 caliber

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • 5.7mm x 28 caliber

• .25 caliber

• .32 caliber

• .41 caliber

• .454 caliber

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • .460 caliber

• .475 caliber

• .480 caliber

• .500 caliber

• Other (please specify)

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ATN082268

What is the most unusual conceal carry gun that you've seen/known somebody to use? I started the list with certain types of guns and ended with certain calibers. Pick the one which most closely matches your answer or choose the other option and list your answer in the thread.

Friend carries a two shot derringer in a "wallet holster" that has a cutout for the trigger finger. So, as he is reaching for his "wallet" to hand over to a robber, he has a chance to fire in defense.

I lead a boring life. I've only met people that carry .380s, J-frames or Glocks of various size and caliber. :o

I'll check .22 though because my dad used to carry a .22LR Jennings for a short time before I convinced him to upgrade.

A Gentleman I have known for years carried a 1911a1 under his left shoulder and a Mac-10 under his right shoulder when he was working.

Interesting question.

Let's avoid saying a choice is silly, lacks stopping power, etc. Just tell us the weird carry choices.

For me - I guess the 32 HR mag and 327 mag would be mine.

I had a neighbor that carried a .44mag with a six inch barrel in a shoulder holster which I though was a little much for suburban Atlanta.

I have a friend who is now retired, but when He was working he did undercover operations for Fed Law enforcement.
One of his ways to conceal was to wear tennis shoes, shorts and a tank-top T shirt, sun glasses and a ball cap, and carry a tennis racquet bag in which was a folding stocked AK47 with a 20 round mag, and 2 extra 30 round mags along side.

Worked like a charm.

Friend carries a two shot derringer in a "wallet holster" that has a cutout for the trigger finger. So, as he is reaching for his "wallet" to hand over to a robber, he has a chance to fire in defense.

Those (the holsters) are actually considered an AOW according to the NFA (Just an FYI, I'm not saying you or him weren't already aware)

I haven't really seen any unusual carry pieces, and the majority of my friends and I prescribe to the idea that you shouldn't carry anything you wouldn't mind getting kicked across a parking lot by a cop so its pretty much Glocks across the board.

OTHER:

Smith & Wesson .35 Auto

dcv3gw.jpg

I have a friend who has a concealed carry license and two handguns, both revolvers. One is a Ruger in .22 mag and the other a Taurus .44 special. He owns nothing in between, nothing else period.

I have carried a 4 barrel .22 short derringer, a NAA .22 short revolver, Bernardelli and Astra .22 short autos, almost every quality .25 available, Star .380s, Colt Super .38 Commander, customized Star "A", an engraved and hard chromed Charter Undercover .38, an engraved S&W mod. 42, plus quite a few more "normal" guns.
I carry an engraved and nickel plated Keltec p32 now.

Unusual one I carry- COP Derringer 357 or 45C Taurus 450Ti. For some reason I can never see what other people are carrying concealed.

Unusual Carry Guns:

1. Pen gun made by American Derringer and/or Braverman
2. Heizer PAK1 - single shot 7.62x39 and ported.
3. Boberg XR9-S Pocket-sized bull-pup 9mm with a mechanism that will leaving you scratching your head for hours trying to figure out how it works.
4. Chicago Palm Pistol - I've always wanted one of these.
5. G.R.A.D. Knife with hidden .22 revolver inside handle
7. Powell Single-shot Knife pistol
8. COP .357

Now, I'll see what others have mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back