Most Under-Priced Guns Right Now?

GunXpatriot

I guess what I'm wondering is, what are your "most criminally under-valued" guns that are readily available right now? Strictly speaking, I'm referring to guns that are priced well below their level of performance, cool factor, things like that.

Some examples I can think of, off the top of my head, are the Star Model BM, a compact service 9mm 1911-style handgun that's been carried by a number of forces around the world. Getting them for under $250 out the door is not uncommon right now. Will probably get two of them myself!

Another example are the Zastava M57's, a Tokarev variant. Seem like a great, high-powered handgun on the cheap.

What are some others you guys can think of? Thanks! :)

If you qualify for the S&W Nations Finest discount, the M&P9 2.0 is pretty hard to beat. I just checked a major online retailer who has them for $389 w/2 mags and free shipping. Minus $50 for the rebate and a resonable $15 transfer... in your hand for $354.

Wouldn't qualify, unfortunately. :(

But that's a smokin' deal. In fact, one of my neighbors who was in the Navy back in the day has been looking for a new handgun for home defense. I think I might just tip him off on that.

CZ 75 variants are all outstanding and priced well below similar models from Sig and others ... just my humble opinion.

CZ 75 variants are all outstanding and priced well below similar models from Sig and others ... just my humble opinion.
And it might be a controversial opinion from me... But despite the high quality and relability of a good Sig, I feel they're overpriced for what you get.

I'll even add that I think our law enforcement/military using them is probably a GROSSLY negligent way of spending government money. Talking Coast Guard, Secret Service... Air Marshalls?

I know the military gets really cheap rifles from FN, but there's no way Sig is selling them a $1200 handgun for $600... But I'd like to be proven wrong!

The Rock Island copy of the Government 1911A1, yes it's made in the Philippines but it works well. Mine shoots everything I put into it, factory fmj, hollowpoint, my own reloads. For the price it is a lot of gun for the money.

Charter Arms revolvers pre 1990.
Mossberg Plinkster
Ruger Charger
Maverick 88
Midland Arms Backpacker (Gonna be awesome when the rifle barrels come out)
Used Glocks. When the prices drop below $400, they somehow become great pistols for the money.

Last edited:
The Rock Island copy of the Government 1911A1, yes it's made in the Philippines but it works well. Mine shoots everything I put into it, factory fmj, hollowpoint, my own reloads. For the price it is a lot of gun for the money.
I agree Rock Island are great guns and very affordable.

In general i can't think of too many. Maybe the Interarms Whitworth Mausers.

One local gun shop seems like i'm robbing them.
Have bought 2 Ruger 77 MKII, 1 in 280 Rem, other in 257 Roberts for $400 each.
Whitworth Mark X in 270 Win for $250.
Springfield Armory Mil Spec Champion 45 ACP for $400 with 2 extra mags.

There are still some great deals to be had on .40 S&W LE trade-in's. Prime examples are Sig Sauer P226's and some P229's for well under $400.00. I have seen some in the $329.00 price range. These are pistols you can convert to a .357 Sig for the price of a barrel. You can even send them of to Sig for very little money and have them completely go over the pistol and add fresh night sights.

The close-out 10/22's and Mini-14's going at some Walmarts right now. I picked up a 10/22, synthetic stock, for $124 on Saturday. Now that's a steal:D

I have to second CZ75 variants! I purchased both of mine, a 75B and an SP-01 for less than $500 NIB. The 75 Compact is usually around $450. For what you get I dont think CZ can be beaten in that price range, although it has started to rise a bit as they've gained popularity.

If your not opposed to eastern European surplus pistols, then most Makarovs, FEGs, P64s and CZ 82/83 and 70s are a pretty good deal for a range gun or carry gun. Super cheap ammo is getting scarce however.

the 10/22 Ruger has been a bargain for years! LGS here was selling them with 1000 rounds, and a case for $300 a few months back.

The HK P30 family is vaunted and many respect it as a superb and highly durable automatic pistol.

Early this year, they cut the roughly $1000 MSRP to dam near in half. The guns were going for $800 plus but now they can be had in the mid $500s. That's a phenomenal deal for what some consider the finest 9mm HK ever made.

S&W 659
Ruger P89

Both of these guns can be found at prices ranging from about $250-350. Rock solid, large capacity all stainless 9mm's that shoot well and will last forever. I really don't see how you can beat these for home defense. Carry? That's a different story.

Back