most beautiful (handsome) gun.

My blued Colt SAA .45 with 7 1/2" barrel made in 1959. Finest gun I have ever shot and handled. It's the last year they made the fixed firing pin; however, this one has the round top hammer Colt started making for the fast draw era. They only made this hammer about a year or so. My dad bought the gun new on 12/12/59; I was born on 12/12/65. It was the first gun I ever shot (when I was 3), and it's the last one I'll go to my grave with.

My Walther P99. If it is good enough for the German Federal Police, it is good enough for me!!!!!! :)

------------------
Just as there is no such thing as too much fun,
there is no such thing as owning just one gun!!!

Now, go do the right thing, and buy that Walther!!

That I own/owned??

Easy. Nothing is as pretty as my Ruger Mk2 5.5 Bull Barrel Blue and custom blood red Cocobolo Grips. Wish I had a pic to post... hmmmm guess I had better start working on that website.

1st Runner up is my colt commander.. they just don't blue them like they used to. That mirror blue is exquisite.

Dr.Rob

Colt SAA.
Colt Python with 6" barrel.
1911s.

These are my favorites... though I haven't had the pleasure of owning a Python.

Erik

Colt Python Elite 6inch, Bright Stainless-wood grips, absolutely stunning.

Don't own one, because if I bought it- I would never shoot it (would kill me).

So many guns! Awright, PO8 Luger for sure. Next best is Colt Pre 70s Gumt Model in bright Nickel! Drool Drool!!! :D

------------------
Be mentally deliberate but muscularly fast. Aim for just above the belt buckle Wyatt Earp
"It is error alone that needs government support; truth can stand by itself." Tom Jefferson
If you have to shoot a man, shoot him in the guts, it may not kill him... sometimes they die slow, but it'll paralyze his brain and arm and the fight is all but over Wild Bill Hickok
Remember: When you attempt to rationalize two inconsistent positions, you risk drowning as your own sewage backs up.
45 ACP: Give 'em a new navel! BigG

If everything doesn't have to be a tricked out 1911 clone, I vote for the 1851 Colt Navy. In original condition, this was one of the prettiest guns ever made.

Jim

4" Colt Diamondback in .38 special. Truly beautiful bluing and style. Followed by my 4" bright stainless Python with smooth fingergroove grips. Both are great. In autos, I love the looks of my Hi-Power in silver/chrome finish and pachmyar grips. Ron

I agree with Jim that the 1851 Colt Navy is certainly one of the most, if not the most, beautiful handguns. My other favorites are the Walther PP (longer and sleeker than the PPK)and the Luger among semi-autos and the S&W K and N frame revolvers. For single actions I like the Colt New Frontier and the Flat Top Rugers.

Back