most beautiful (handsome) gun.

I've let a few posts like this go by, but I'll chime in this time. I like the Sig P230/232. I'm on my third, and I'm holding on to this one. I have the new upgraded 232 with factory night sights and Hogue grip. It's took a long time to find one and have not seen one since. I think of it as a "dress gun"...

Although the overwhelming majority of my guns are semi-auto, the best looking one is the FA .454Casull. Classic lines and build like a tank, a tank with tight tolerances.

- Ron V.

------------------

Greetings, I normally don't comment about
the beauty of handguns either; but I must
jump in here. Of all that I have owned, do
own, and most likely to acquire; I would
say that the "beautiful babe" award would
most certainly have to go to the Sig-Sauer
P220A, in any caliber. You asked why?
Because of it's sleek design, perfect
slide to frame alignment, and most of
all it's beautiful finish. This is total
quality, at it's finest.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Message edited by Dan H. Ford on 01-15-00

Owned a Browning medalist with knock your socks wood that was a very classy looking pistol. The Sig P210 has long been a favorite but I've never owned one.
Hell I like them all as long as they work>

------------------

I can already predict the responses, BUT,
The Glock 23.
Clean, uncluttered, efficient. I prize efficiency over almost all else, so it is my vision of beauty. This applies to most everything, not just guns. Example: I think the 87-94 Caravans look great! Most GM products are hideous with all that unnecessary cheap plastic glued all over them. The 1911 in most configurations (I've seen some butt ugly ones) is a close second.

It's really hard to decide. I have two that I think are just beautiful but they are different...

I'll opt for the classic two-tone look like my little .22 practice gun has...

View

Mikey

[This message has been edited by Mikey (edited January 17, 2000).]

For me, nothing beats an old commercial 1911, Mk IV Series 70 and prior. The bluing alone speaks of a lost art amidst today's plethora of stainless steel and matted finishes. Along the same lines, I have a soft spot for old S&W Model 27's.

I don't remember who said this but, " Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder." So it is very difficult to say about this matter.

Mikey, both of those or sweet. I really like the two tone.

My 1st choice would have to be, even though I don't own one yet, the Colt SAA. I have always loved them. Maybe because I'm such a John Wayne fan.

2nd choice, my 70 series satin nickel Combat Commander. I am SO happy I bought that gun.

------------------
As to marksmanship, it is not what you once did, rather it is what you can do on demand.

I still feel the P08 Luger is the prettiest handgun of them all, closely followed by the P35 Hi-Power.

As for revolvers, the 4" Colt Python is truly badass!

The Original CZ75 with the short rail(inside the frame),round trigger guard, and the regular hammer(not the commander type) with blueing not the paint.
A very close second is the Browining HI Power.

It's a Colt Commemorative, .22 Peacemaker. "Golden Spike". With gold plated cylinder and trigger gaurd, it takes the cake for "two tone". I've got the .22 Peacemaker non-commemorative (Yes, Peacemaker, NOT Scout :p ) and you have to look back & forth many times to determine that they are the same gun. (BTW, the non-commem sold for $71.00, still NIB :p :p )

I'm kinda partial to my 1911 built on a Baer frame and slide

View

[This message has been edited by bk40 (edited January 16, 2000).]

Which ever one I own at the time is the most beautiful one to me:-) But IMO, I fell in instant, DEEP love with my SIG sp2340. Very beautiuful, especially with the rubber grip on it, very sleek and "high-tech" looking

------------------
"There is nothing more unequal than the equal treatment of unequal people." - Thomas Jefferson

Back