Most automatic weapons per capita

250K full auto in the USA---Wow, that's a staggering figure, that makes it what .0001% of the population...

Switzerland is around 47.0% and Israel is around 42.0% but then again, both countries combined wouldn't equal the population of Los Angeles and surrounding environs...Both countries have mandatory military service and a complete reserve (militia) corp so there is an advantage to their figures...

Last I read Afghanistan had around 23% of adult males armed with automatic weapons but they didn't specify full, select or semi...But that was awhile ago...

Do you know which countries have the least amount of weapons, primarily firearms, crimes?

Least amount of armed robberies?

Least amount of bank robberies?

According to news report that I read U.S has 90 guns for every 100 citizens, making it the most heavily armed society in the world.

Bob Strepka -- According to news report that I read U.S has 90 guns for every 100 citizens, making it the most heavily armed society in the world.

Although not really pertinent to this thread, I think whomever reported that tidbit, that news report, has their data slightly screwed up! Unless they consider all LEO and military firearms into the figures and even then, I still think that it wouldn't reach those numbers...

The "Brady Bunch" would have conniptions if that were the case...

Well, actually, there are probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 90-120 million guns in the USA. In other words, one gun for every three people.

Mind you, that's the official figure. "Unofficial" estimates put it much closer to 300 million or more - one gun for just about everyone.

So you are looking at about 1 million service rifles, or one for every five Swiss Citizens.

I recall hearing a figure of around 680,000. However, that may have just been active reservists, not counting the people who bought their weapons after they mustered out.

Back