Most authentic SAA clone?

What Hawg said. I've taken an Uberti apart to work on and with exception of the cylinder pin/safety, they're pretty much like an original Colt.

I commend you on your search for an accurate Reproduction. I bought a Traditions (Pietta) 1873 Frontier. And while a very nice SAA it has the transfer bar system like a Ruger. It shoots nice but I still want that Close Colt copy. I will probably pick up a Cattleman at some point.

The Uberti is about as close as you're going to get. You might want to spend a few dollars more and get a Cimarron model P which is still a Uberti but it has all the Italian markings hidden.

What is the most true to the original Colt 1873 SAA clone CURRENTLY being made? Please don't recommend an original. I can't afford one.

I am not a cowboy action shooter, I just want one for historical reasons and as a fun shooter companion. I plan to get a holster and cartridge belt, and want to get a faithful (not Hollywood) model if possible. I am not a cowboy aciton shooter, but might get some work done on the gun to slick it up. I don't care it it makes a good CAS gun or if it breaks sometimes, just want authenticity and quality.

Any suggestions? I want the most original, faithful SAA clone out there, in .45 Colt and would prefer to stay under $650.

Thanks everyone!

I have a Cimarron/Uberti Model P OM I would say it's pretty darn close to the Colt.
As has already been noted they do have a longer cylinder pin that has two notches cut in it, the pin can be cut down to appear like the shorter Colt pin, I left mine the way it was.

The Cimarron I bought, right out of the box had the slickest action/trigger pull (right at 2 pounds) that I've ever witnessed on any factory gun.
The gun is very accurate, I've shot the heck out of mine, I quit counting when I hit the 10,000 round mark; most of the ammo I used would be considered tier two loads.

Besides the action being so great the fit and finish of the gun in all aspects was perfect, mine shows a little wear now from all the use.
Mine also has the one piece wood grips with no medallion like the old Colts except the finish has a higher gloss.

I would not be afraid to buy another one, as a matter of fact I did buy another Cimarron but I bought a Bisley model this time.
The fit and finish was as good as the first one, the action was as slick, the trigger pull was about an ounce or two heavier.
I did not care for the original grips on the Bisley so I had some custom stag grips made for it.

Best Regards
Bob Hunter

Holding my 2nd gen. Colt next to my Uberti.
Yes the long cylinder pin/ safety and the hole all of the way through the frame.
The hammer/trigger block safety.
There is no firing pin bushing in the Uberti frame.
I do like the wood one piece grips better but that Colt name is beautiful too.

Holding my 2nd gen. Colt next to my Uberti.
The big Uberti clone sell for me was the "blackpowder" frame option, to have an SAA that from a distance appeared to be a real 1873-1896 old west era SAA. The cross frame base pin latch SAA is darn near 20th century. :)
There's precious few of the BP frame style made by Colt in the modern era.
I think Colt did a run of them a few years back out of the custom shop.
I have yet to lay eyes on one in the real world.

Attachments

• uberti.jpg
    uberti.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 24
Poodleshooter, that looks like mine, no cross bolt for the cylinder pin.
I love mine, it's one slick revolver and good accuracy too.

Best Regards
Bob Hunter

Back