Most Accurate Pocket Pistol?

Judging from how easy it is to accurately shoot my SIG P938 I'd think a P238 would work for pocket carry.

My wife and I each have P238s. It is a fine pocket pistol and came immediately to mind upon reading the thread title. I demurred, though, after reading that one of the criteria was taking rabbits at 25 yards. I have shot mine at 25 yards, and can keep them on a half-sized silhouette, but I'm not sure about a rabbit at that range. Twenty-five feet perhaps, but 25 yards is a stretch in my hands.

Looking for a pocket pistol than can hit a cottontail at 25 Yards.
LOL! Gotta love this place eh?
Guy asks a simple question about hitting a rather large target @ 25 yards & before you know it, he has a bunch of people question his ability to do so!

Zorro - I wish I had an answer for you, but, alas the only "pocket pistol" i have in an Erma Excam GT380.

Which, btw, is perfectly capable of hitting an empty Coke can @ well beyond 25 yards - - on demand.

I wouldn't consider it really a "pocket pistol" though. It's a bit on the heavy side for that.
In that class (PPK-PPK/s) & size though, there are some really sweet guns that would probably be extremely capable of the task - - Beretta, CZ (bet cha a Rami could do it easy),the Browning .380 relable of the Beretta

Some of the older S&W revolvers in .22 and .32 H&R, I bet one of the new .327 Mag revolvers would do it easy.

Heck, I have yet to try out my Ruger LCP, so , I can't say that little thing will do it or not.

I'll be sure to give it a try once I drag it out to the range.

Once upon a time in some European countries, you had to show "good reason" to get a pistol permit. Since general self defense was not a good enough reason, there were pocket pistol shooting matches which let you show justification to own a small gun.
The Walther Model 8 was highly valued for such matches being a rather large 6.35/.25 ACP. Good luck finding one now, though.

I think a PP in .22 or .32 would be your best bet in an auto.

The S&W Model 34 Kit Gun 2" and 4" .22 or the Model 60 3" .38 with adjustable sights would be even better if you don't mind revolvers.

I can say without a doubt that a good Walther PP (with a good shooter) will hit a rabbit size target at 25 yards every shot. But only if the rabbit stands still.

Jim

Harvey, the 6 foot rabbit, is my size target for pocket pistols at that distance.

Currently, my most accurate pocket pistol is my Glock 42 but I have large pockets.

Don't know how big you are or how big your pockets are . . but I once knew a guy who carried a double barrel 16 ga in his pocket - he was able to take lots of rabbits with it . . . . :eek::D

My 1908 Colt is the most accurate compact pistol I own. My PPK' are not bad if I hold them unnaturally tight but even then, not close to what the colt will do.

RickB, yeah I was shocked at how accurate my P938 is. Much better than expected, perhaps not bunny rabbit accurate but then...I don't know?

I don't have one (yet), but with the good press I've been reading on the Ruger LC9s, I think that might be achievable with it as far as accuracy goes and having decent sights. It could be challenging for my to hit a rabbit with my S&W 642 at 25 yards on the first shot, but with more practice, yes. Some would consider it not a pocket gun but the new 3" Ruger LCRx with adjustable sights should be very do-able.

I was dealing with a copperhead in my back yard a couple of years ago when it decided it wanted a piece of me.

I had my Sig p938 in my pocket and quickly drew and put two shots in it. That was at less than 10 feet.

I doubt that I could hit a rabbit with it at 20-25 yards. And I could not shoot that well at the range with plenty of time.

Years ago military uses of a weapon must have come into play with the stress of a poisonous snake almost in striking distance.....only thing that I could figure other than just plain luck....I would bet on the luck.

I have an LCPII and it was very accurate at 10 yards. I can't vouch for 25 yards though. I'll have to try that out and see.

My Walther PPK is easily capable of regularly hitting a rabbit-size target at 25 yards. It's owner, not so much.

I was at the local range a few weeks ago. I was shooting empty 12 gauge hulls off of the target stand at 25 yards with my S&W model 17. A fellow shooter was talking about how accurate he was with his LCP 2. I told him to try to hit on of the hulls at 25 yards. First shot he nailed one and sent it flying. He went through 2 mags trying to hit another. He did get close enough to make a few wobble but did not knock another off. I was very impressed. He let me try it and I could not get anywhere close. I have a early lcp and my wife has a lcp custom. I cannot shoot them anywhere close to what this young man could do with his. I would have no doubt he could hit rabbit sized targets at 25 yards atleast most of the time with his LCP2.

Zorro: said:
Most Accurate Pocket Pistol?
Looking for a pocket pistol than can hit a cottontail at 25 Yards.

Thinking the best I can get would be some flavor of Walther PPK but does anyone have any suggestions?

You would need relatively "big" pockets but my Walther PPS-M2 is just about as accurate as as any subcompact pistol that I have direct experience with, including my own Sig P6. And I would take a 9x18 Makarov chambered pistol such as a CZ-82 before I took a PPK in .380, just "MHO".

Yeah, I don't know how big your pockets are either but the PPS/Shield/G43 would all be capable with practice.

Back