Mossberg Shockwave Sig Brace is real

Thanks for the update nightwolf, glad to hear it because otherwise I had only seen Opticsplanet selling them and I won't support them anymore.

I would get the SB4 because it looks beefier and more sturdy. The SBL doesn't look like it would hold up long to the recoil of a 12 gauge

The reason I like it is, you get to take that stupid Raptor grip off and use the pistol grip that is part of the brace. That way you won't punch yourself in the face when aiming them.

I had only seen Opticsplanet selling them and I won't support them anymore.

People still buy from Opticsplanet? I haven't bothered to shop from them in about 7 years - ever since I learned the hard way that much of what they list as "in stock" actually isn't (needed an OWB holster for a class I was taking that never came).

Having fired thumper slugs and buckshot from a light mossberg shotgun WITH a real stock with correct LOP, I'm not getting in line to fire defensive rounds from a shorter gun(lighter) with a crappy stock that is the wrong LOP. You guys can have fun though.

I see the brace more as a pistol grip option for the Tac-14 & Shockwave, than a shouldering option. For #4buckshot and #4 &#5 high brass birdshot....it will be a lot better than that stupid Raptor Grip.

Yeah, with low recoil shells, the Shockwave/Tac-14 with a Sig brace that's shouldered is going to have faster follow up shots or faster acquisition of a 2nd target.

I'd like to see someone do a video where they're using the stock Shockwave vs one with a Sig Brace on it. I'd guarantee with shots will be faster and more on target.

So.......a basic Shockwave, this brace/pistolgrip combo, and the Surefire light setup comes to around $1000. It would be a very very nice HD firearm.

So.......a basic Shockwave, this brace/pistolgrip combo, and the Surefire light setup comes to around $1000. It would be a very very nice HD firearm.
That Surefire sure is expensive, especially when you consider that Black Aces makes a quad rail for the Shockwave.

http://www.blackacestactical.com/product-page/new-item-shockwave-quad-rail-side-shell-holder-1

Can put a cheap flashlight on it, a red dot, folding BUIS, a bayonet... lot more options than a special forend with a light on it. Also the extra weight will reduce recoil some.

Looks like a stupid short LOP, probably not at all comfortable to fire.

Sorry but this does nothing that a standard 18.5" bbl M590A1 doesn't do tremendously better.

Hmmmm.... since the Shockwave isnt a pistol, im not sure how you can but a pistol brace on it.

The first of these "not a shotgun, but not pistol" firearms actually used one of these pistol braces to achieve the OAL required.

Back