Mossberg 500 got MAJORLY jammed during reassmbly - help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They may be pretty busy, I have had a return reply in hours before. Have you tried the phone? They have a tech dept.
Brent

I have been in situations like this before. If you were able to get it in that condition, you should be able to get it out.

You are not fouled out on the safety and it appears that you are binding with your lifter and slide arms as well as wedged with your bolt and carrier assembly.

Take a wooden dowel and tap (GENTLY) on the rear of the bolt carrier and alternate to the front of the bolt to try to relieve the binding.

It appears that those two pieces are wedged and need to be moved to unbind the lifters/arms.

I have had, on several occasions done things that defy the imagination but steeled up, calmed down and approached it in a way to reverse engineer the screw up.

Just sit down with the receiver and look it over real good and find the place of the most, although maybe small movement and work from there.

Like I said, you CAN reverse engineer your mistake and learn something in the process.

Last edited:
a fix to this problem if anyone ever needs help

when this happens you will need a rubber mallet.
this occurs when the bolt and carrier are lined up wrong when the forend arms are installed in to it then racked in a pumping motion thus locking everything up. prying and pushing on the bolt can cause damage but may free it, when this happened to me i took a rubber mallet and hit the bottom of the forend in a striking motion away from the receiver. all it took for me was one good smack, after doing so i inspected everything and no damage occurred, reassembled and everything works as it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back