Mosin bullbarrel?

The UK59 Mosin barrels are gone. So what? To get it to work, you need to be a gunsmith/machinist anyways. Just get some other barrel blank and go for it. The plus side is that you can get as much quality as you are willing to pay for instead of some milsurp hack job.

You can buy just the reciever and that way it has clean, new, non-marred threads.

Nope. All the Mosin receivers out there are from disassembled rifles. It's really a shame, as a cheap Mosin pistol would be highly entertaining.

I'd personally look into Teludyne Tech's Straight Jacket if I were you.

Been there and done that.

Not for my Mosin, but for a Savage build. I wanted to send them the 20", factory contour barrel (7-08), have them jacket it, and send it back to me.

I wanted to do the stock inletting (if needed) myself. Figured I could save enough dough to make trying it worthwhile, instead of just buying a new bull barrel and screwing it on. At their full price, when it comes to a Savage where we can re-barrel ourselves, it doesn't make economic sense IMO.

Nope. They would not do it. Hey, it's their business- but I felt it unreasonable to not be willing to just jacket the barrel, and send it back to me and let me install it. I think they're missing the boat here...

Sounds like a fun project to me. I've been thinking about doing something like this as well, just for the experience. Why not use something like this as a first rifle project? It's not like there aren't a million more Mosins out there.

Back