More women than men are anti-gun

I hope you don't have to use it, LadydeeJ. But I am glad it's there if you do.

I know how to make things better with your beau. Tell him you'll let him use it. too ;)

To Miss Demeanors, LaydydeeJ and any others, do you honestly mean to say that you did not see my tounge in cheek? For shame. It sure got responses, though.

If more women than men oppose the ownership and use of guns, I'm just glad that my wife isn't one of those women! She's not particularly interested in guns for herself. But she firmly believes that "gun control" is nothing but elitist politics that creates more crime victims by disarming honest folk.

BTW, a remarkable number of my wife's women friends are "closet" gunowners. When they find out that she is not opposed to guns and that her husband is interested in them, they open up and reveal their gun ownership as if asking to be forgiven for doing something so politically incorrect and unladylike. I wonder if some, a least, of the negative poll respondents are really like my wife's friends, that is, not wanting to admit owning a gun except to a receptive ear.

RPM,

I, too, have responded to online polls. Was the LA Times poll one on paper? If so, you're probably the first person I've ever known of who has had a chance to participate. Most polls that I see cited in magazines aren't online, though. Or, how about thse opinion polls of Big Comrade back during his impeachment? "His approval rating's 70%!!? No one has asked me what I think!" Honestly, how can anyone put stock in a poll where there were only 1500 people asked, in 3 major cities? Is that a fair indicator of overall public opinion? I think not.

------------------
"Is fhe'arr teicheadh math na droch fhuireach"
-Sarabian Oomodo

If it isn't Scottish, it's CRAP! RKBA!

A firearm isn't a weapon until it is used as such.

I had forgotten about phone polls. Nevetheless, you're the first person I've heard of who had a chance to respond to any poll like that. I'm 23 yrs old, and in my time, noone I know has been polled- not one family member, not one friend, not one acquaintance or associate. None. That's why polls are worth about as much as a festering bowl of warm doggy snot.

------------------
"Is fhe'arr teicheadh math na droch fhuireach"
-Sarabian Oomodo

If it isn't Scottish, it's CRAP! RKBA!

A firearm isn't a weapon until it is used as such.

Back