More on Dick's . . .

You may be assuming that if we are perfect then others will not think ill of us. That is a false argument. People who hate guns will also hate gun owners regardless of the actions or attitudes of the gun owner. It is not rational thought that drives the actions of the anti gun movement.

No, we are our own worst enemies because we continue to shop at places that are hostilely anti-2A, not just places that aren't 2A, but places like Dick's that are working against the 2A.

No reason anymore to go to Dick's for anything, Cabela's sadly becoming the same. Cabela's use to be great before the Bass Pro buyout and the prices have kept going up up up...

Walmart's around me are still selling the same ammo they were months ago. I get the feeling they looked at how much money they were going to lose and have played the anti gun masses. Yeah, they got rid of 5.56 and 7.62x39 ammo, but they've got .223 "hunting" ammo :D

And the pistol ammo they stopped selling was the crappy PPU hollow point stuff.

The only physical retail chains that sell ammo that are worth buying from are places like Rural King, Dunham's, Academy, etc. They're not going to throw us under the bus every time a mass shooting happens.

Again, I pity folks that don't have the shopping choices we have in Western PA! Our local Dunhams has any ammo that could be used in a pistol, located behind the counter!

Double you are correct. I have a bunch of shooting buddies that still go to Dick's and a couple other anti-2a places and I bust their balls to no end because of it...I hear the same lame excuses, it's the only place to get "X", their prices are better than "X". I've never found prices better than on the net for anything I've been looking for...I'm not that impatience that I can't wait for a couple days for a shipment to show up. I’ll never purchase a Springfield because of what they did in IL. If we as gun owners would just “come together” there wouldn’t be any “bad” gun laws…there’re roughly 320 million people in the US and roughly 37% own guns, that’s over 118 million people, imagine what we could do if we all just got along? But we can’t, you have the high speed low drag types calling anybody that shoots a bolt gun or shotgun a “Fudd”, you have the “Fudd” guys saying we don’t need AR type guns, you have the shotgunners saying the same thing, you have the muzzleloader guys saying we don’t need anything other than a cap and ball gun…we’re all in the same boat!!!!! While one side is baling water the other side is putting it back in! I’ll say it again…we are our own worst enemy!!!

Walmart will continue selling all the ammo they said they will not sell UNTIL their CONTRACTS end with the ammo companies, as they dont want to pay the penalties to break the contracts!!!

Double you are correct. I have a bunch of shooting buddies that still go to Dick's and a couple other anti-2a places and I bust their balls to no end because of it...I hear the same lame excuses, it's the only place to get "X", their prices are better than "X". I've never found prices better than on the net for anything I've been looking for...I'm not that impatience that I can't wait for a couple days for a shipment to show up. I’ll never purchase a Springfield because of what they did in IL. If we as gun owners would just “come together” there wouldn’t be any “bad” gun laws…there’re roughly 320 million people in the US and roughly 37% own guns, that’s over 118 million people, imagine what we could do if we all just got along? But we can’t, you have the high speed low drag types calling anybody that shoots a bolt gun or shotgun a “Fudd”, you have the “Fudd” guys saying we don’t need AR type guns, you have the shotgunners saying the same thing, you have the muzzleloader guys saying we don’t need anything other than a cap and ball gun…we’re all in the same boat!!!!! While one side is baling water the other side is putting it back in! I’ll say it again…we are our own worst enemy!!!

Why I stand with my ar guys . They will start with them and work their way to all of us .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife is non-political and hates it any time I turn on FOX BUT, she now refuses to go into a Dick's Store, She was looking for some UnderArmor Hoodies for work and Dick's had a sale on them. She refused to go while mumbling something about them and the 2ndA.

Trust me I did not respond to her comment, nor did I influence it.

I'm in Sarasota Fla.
The Dicks by me doesn't carry a single item that's gun or hunting related.

Drove by yesterday (black friday) and the lot was pretty empty.

AFS

I'm in Sarasota Fla.
The Dicks by me doesn't carry a single item that's gun or hunting related.

Don't know what my local Dick's has in it, cause it's been forever since I've been there. Have bought many hunting related products from them tho online, and my wife bought a X-Mas present for one of the grand-daughters online from them just last week. Saved $50 on a hunting blind from them last week and the wife saved $30 on the grand-daughters present and it was the only place on the internet she could find it. Sorry, I don't feel I'm letting anybody down by saving monies at my age, with my fixed income. Still go to Wal-mart too, even tho they are going to quit selling ammo. Others are free to do things differently and I don't chastise them. Odds are this won't be reciprocated.

I have a coworker who hates Dicks but goes to bass pro all the time and says no to dicks for their stance on gun rights but says bass pro is diff. Are they?

I find myself doing more business on the net. The Sportsman's Warehouse is the best locally. Otherwise it's Amazon Prime. Good service and no BS.

Locally, I like Academy. No baloney, just good prices on guns and ammo. Nothing wrong with the LGS except for selection and pricing.Usually they give better service than Cabela's. Last time I went to Dick's was to find a bathroom. Talk about desperation.

I cut through Dick's a lot on my way to the Mall. Whenever I see a sales person there I mention that I'm surprised that they're still in business. My way of saying I love ya man. I only go to Cabelas for primers and Rainiers bullets and screw Bass-Pro.

I cut through Dick's a lot on my way to the Mall. Whenever I see a sales person there I mention that I'm surprised that they're still in business. My way of saying I love ya man. I only go to Cabelas for primers and Rainiers bullets and screw Bass-Pro.
Whats the difference in Cabellas and Bass Pro, other than the sign?

First off, it is really rude to cut thru parking lots just for your convenience. Its private property, not a public road. Second, Rainier is out of business so you won't be buying them anywhere. Probably the only inventory left is the odd caliber that no one buys. And third, as others have mentioned, Bass Pro owns owns Cabelas. Might need to rethink your protest.

I cut through Dick's lot; about 11AM, the other day headed over to Ashley furniture from Bed Bath and Beyond and the only vehicle in the parking lot was about a three year old Prius.:D

Back