More on Dick's . . .

Prof Young

Took my honey shopping for her birthday today. At one of the places we went Dick's was the only thing around of any interest to me. I usually don't shop there due to stance on guns and high prices. Two things of note. 1) Their gun rack has what very much looks like an "assault rifle." Closer inspection reveals it a "black rifle" version of a 10/22. Hmmmmn . . . . 2) I find some ammo at a decent price and at the check out the clerk enters my foid card number in to the computer/register. I've never had anyone do that before. I ask him if Dick's is keeping records of ammo purchases, and why he entered my foid? He claimed that's always supposed to happen when one buys ammo. I assured him that it had never happened before in any purchase of ammo I've made anywhere. That's hundred's of purchases. He had no more comment. I guess I could have asked to talk to a supervisor.

Thoughts and comments welcome.

Life is good.
Prof Young

I think I know what a foid card is. I have never seen one and don't believe I ever want to see one, I don't like the idea of asking "pretty please" to exercise our God given rights. If at all possible sir, if I were you I would try and relocate to a free state.

I have to ask - why on Earth enter into the Devil's Den (Dick's) in the first place. I flip them the bird every time I drive past.
Childish I know - but - I feel better for it...

Same thing with (sadly - ) Bass Pro and Cabela's ) - ever since their CEO said he doesn't want my business anymore because of who I voted for for President.

FOID

That a state requires such a thing is very troubling, much less that retailer wants a record of it.

I've never understood why some fear the law abiding gun owner more than the criminal element.

My local store here in the Twin Cities has gotten rid of ALL the firearms. They're mostly workout clothes now and it's nice stuff but I'd be an idiot to pay their prices so I don't. (Plus I just don't like 'em anymore.)

I have a nice remmy model 7 that came from there years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Gotta say, not a great idea for these places that decide to not sell guns and gun related stuff..like WallMart too BUT..even cheap ammo is expensive, particularly if you shoot a lot(I do) so...
I'm going to keep going to WallyWorld for ammo until it's gone. They just reduced 9mm, Federal brass and aluminum to $15 per 100 rounds. Driving by and flipping them the bird may make ya feel better but it doesn't fill up the safe with ammunition...

I wanted to buy a 10 22 a dicks had it on sale - I wont shop there! After what they did a land think about the 2nd Ad.

The closest Walmart does not really handle ammo. I get my .22 RF and 17 HMR from Sportsman's Warehouse. Otherwise, I reload my centerfire rounds. The thought of the Big Boxes dominating my shooting is repulsive in the extreme. I could give a care less if Dicks, Cabela's and the rest would be transported into another dimension like a science fiction movie.:eek:

I get my hunting licenses from the local Dick's.
The people handling that are friendly, helpful and fast. Head and shoulders above Wally World!
The local Field & Scream closed down. (I hear that 18 did) It is now a Sportsmans Warehouse. It seems to be yet another big chain that doesn't stock anything that i want or am looking for or at a price point i'm willing to spend.

I quit going to Dunhams after they wanted to copy my ID for me to look at a rifle.

I get my hunting licenses from the local Dick's.

The people handling that are friendly, helpful and fast. Head and shoulders above Wally World!

The local Field & Scream closed down. (I hear that 18 did) It is now a Sportsmans Warehouse. It seems to be yet another big chain that doesn't stock anything that i want or am looking for or at a price point i'm willing to spend.

I quit going to Dunhams after they wanted to copy my ID for me to look at a rifle.

That stinks . I agree I would have said no thank you and walk away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like most of the big box stores have really gone downhill in regards to firearm sales.

Last time I bought a firearm from one of these places was probably 10 years ago. I was at Dunhams and they had a 10/22 with a couple of minor scratches at a great price. Between their inability to figure out how to process the sale and all the other BS I had to go through, it took over 2 hours for what should be a pretty simple sale.

Never returned there and now I purchase pretty much everything, including ammo, online.

.22lr

If DICKS asked if 22s were for a handgun or a rifle, if you said pistol, they will record the purchase. Always say RIFLE.

I was under the impression President Reagan deregulated .22s as far as record keeping.

PS I would rather shoot my BB gun than buy anything that would have me enter DICKS!:eek:

As gun owners we really are our own worst enemies…

You may be assuming that if we are perfect then others will not think ill of us. That is a false argument. People who hate guns will also hate gun owners regardless of the actions or attitudes of the gun owner. It is not rational thought that drives the actions of the anti gun movement.

Back