Model 94 35 Rem.

Model 94 in 35 Rem

Don't forget Winchester did try a 35 cal in the 94, the 356 Win. Even with the side eject it did not sell well enough to keep it in production. This happens to be my favorite lever gun caliber. I have 2, a Win big bore and a Marlin rebore. As a matter of fact I am thinking of selling my 444 Marlin because with the 356W I have no reason to carry it.
tj

What bullets do you use, assuming you might reload.
I had one and all the.358 bullets had the cannular in the wrong place, for 35 REM. The one I had was a great rifle, regret selling it.

i load my big bore timber carbine winchester in 444 marlin with 265 gr hornady(have 10 boxs put away) at 1800 fps(48 grs H4895-28,000 cup) with no problems over the last 12 years. as its not a long range caliber it doesn,t need loaded balls to the wall. i killed two doe by mistake at about 80 yards, the bullet destroyed the lungs on the first one and broke the back on the second one standing 20 yards behind the first one, the bullet was not recovered. the second one cost me a 25.00 fine for a unintended kill.

The 38/55 will always be one of my favorites. I took two deer with mine last year and it seems like it always ends up out there with me.

I’m in process of selling off my hunting rifles. Due to health I will have limited hunting opportunities. Anyway my 1st deer gun was a Rem #8/ .35, at the time in early 60s these guns were cheap. I had 5 rifles in 35Rem and two 30/30s. I still have the #8 for old times sake, but a 141 became my favorite woods deer gun. The Marlin 336 was first one to go when I started selling off. Nothing wrong with it, the 336 Marlin 30/30 was my favorite. I’ve shot a lot of deer and I’ll tell you a 200gr RN out of a 35 puts major thump on a deer. I’m firm believer in LV heavy bullet when ranges are moderate. I just sold my old Marlin 45/70 and Marlin 1894/ 44mg. I kept a Ruger #3 in 375Win for Ohio Deer.

Back