Model 70 trigger developed "creep"

The Rem 700 trigger has a reputation for being dangerous. The Win. 70 does not have that reputation, but I have never had a 700 fire when safety was flipped off and I have two 70's that would repeatedly do this. Both of them got new triggers. One of them was eratic. The other would fire every time you pulled the trigger then flipped off the safety. It was the old company (pre FN) but trying to deal with their customer service was like trying to deal with a brick wall. FN should be a different story.

Just save your money and get a good aftermarket trigger. They aren't hard to install, and that'll keep all the shipping, handling, insuring, and customer service interacting to a minimum.

Get a Savage:)

My model 16 was in that $750 ballpark. It has the Savage Accutrigger, breaks like glass, I've yet to try and lighten it up (it's easily adjustable), I guess that as factory adjusted it trips at about 4 lbs.

I have at least 1000 rounds though this rifle and have not noticed any difference in the trigger from when it was brand new.

Also, Accutriggers are not known to be tempermental like Remington 700s. I am not aware of that problem with Winchesters, but you're right, you spend that kind of coin on a rifle and the damn thing should shoot fine for many years.

Blue1

Get a Savage

Seriously, man! I have a model 14 american classic in .243 with the accutrigger, and I love it:cool::cool::cool: It was about $500 brand new, too.

I am not aware of that problem with Winchesters, but you're right, you spend that kind of coin on a rifle and the damn thing should shoot fine for many years

I haven't heard of anyone else having the exact same issue I'm having, but have heard lots of reports similar to what Reynolds357 said. I suppose I got lucky if all I have is creep, but that's expensive creep!

I have a suggestion for you. Most companies today are terrified of liability. I'm not sure if a trigger that's acting erratically is safe ;)

Most companies today are terrified of liability.

True, and for good reason. There's a few other companies that had their share of lawsuits with triggers/safeties that had problems. I'll let you all know how this turns out.

Nothing is more agravating than buying a firearm that needs something done to make it work correctly. I bought a Rem 700 SPS Varmint in 204 ruger. The trigger sucked. I tried to adjust the factory trigger (knowing full well if I sent it back for a warranty issue the factory would reinstall a POS trigger and charge me.) Stripped out a hex head screw trying to loosen it. Well s****T. Ok, bought a Timney trigger, installed myself, and never looked back.

I did kinda regret not buying a Savage with accutrigger, but in the end, I really like the Remmy.

If you can get with Taylorforce, he will help you get on track, whichever way that is.

Back