Model 70 featherweight or sporter?

You may have noticed by now that some folks will pick out one thing to focus on, the thin barrel is the one here. Either model is NOT a target rifle. So what if the lightweight changes a tad, you may not be able to shoot good enough off hand to notice for practice anyway. Folks who shoot a lot off of sandbags where they notice the groups opening a tad, may not be able to hit a deer off-hand at ranges where slight drifting would matter anyway!!! So you can still have a ton of fun with the lightweight rifle at the range. My Remington Custom KS, 350 Rem Mag, very light weight, and I, have fun blowing away sandbag shooters at far ranges when I talk them into real world shooting ... off-hand. It is fun, and what is needed to be a good hunter, in all conditions.

Point being: Don't let one thing being rung over and over change your mind. If you want a target rifle buy one, both of your choices are hunting rifles.

In my FW the 180s are punishing, but the 165s are stout, but not too bad. I shot mine yesterday wearing a T shirt, did 10 rounds w/o a problem.

As above poster said if a hunting rifle you will carry it a lot more than you will shoot it.

Back