Model 70 270 Wby born again

Don't they have a newer push feed out? No idea how similar they are.
Negative--all production has been for the past decade or so exclusively the CRF--and there is no way they will consider going back given the history of "palace revolt" when the push feed came out; at least that was what I was told by a winchester factory guy.

Pretty interesting--I spent about 20 minutes googling for a picture of the xpr receiver detached from the stock, can't find one anywhere--almost as if winchester doesn't want you to know??:confused:

My guess is that they are trying to imply it's similar to the Model 70--which as Bart observes above much of the 70's outstanding and enduring performance value is due to the flat-bottom receiver and integrated lug design. The only picture I've seen anywhere of the xpr is the flat receiver screw bed and cross bolt area in the stock--but that's not necessarily the same thing as the 70's massive slab of steel. ;) I'd probably still opt for spending the extra few hundred bucks for the model 70 with the better stock and receiver.

Yeah the flat bottom and recoil lug are why I went with a howa over a remington for my backup 308.

I do wish they'd do another run of the heavy barrel model 70s (not the coyote light). I Just love mine so much i'd like to snag another just because. Maybe in 6.5 creed then i'd finally switch over.

Back