Model 7- Glass bed & free float or B&C Medalist?

Have you guys read my previous posts? I already have a new stock and installed it this week.

The B & C stock does have a free floated barrel channel and a dollar bill slides freely under the barrel back to the recoil lug.

I'm not looking for match grade accuracy out of that short skinny barrel because I know it will never do that. I want the first cold shot to be accurate/consistent and the new stock may have just provided that. Bedding the new stock would be an option but from the first impression I got, it's going to work out great the way it is.

If the weather cooperates over the next few days I hope to set up my table in the pasture and try to ring some steel at 200, 300, 400 yards.

OH LOL sorry it was early when i read through this thread. BC stocks are great im sure youll be more than satisfied. I always glass bed if im building a rifle for someone or swapping stocks that being said a rifle does not need to be bedded to shoot well, a cold bore shot should be right on poa.

OH LOL sorry it was early when i read through this thread. BC stocks are great im sure youll be more than satisfied. I always glass bed if im building a rifle for someone or swapping stocks that being said a rifle does not need to be bedded to shoot well, a cold bore shot should be right on poa.
Thanks Wrought
I'm anxious to see how things play out with this stock. I got the OD Green with black spiderweb which looks really good in person. The online pics doesn't do it justice. There is absolutely no flex to the stock and it feels/sounds very solid. As I had mentioned earlier, I had installed a Timney trigger which required removal of a little of the stock's aluminum material where the safety pivots back and forth.
Other than that, the M7 dropped right in with very little movement before torquing it down.

One of the two worst shooting rifle's I ever had in my life was a mod 7 in 223. Bedded and floated the barrel, didn't help. Then bedded the barrel full length, didn't help. Got rid of it at a gun show! I always figured the chamber was screwed up or that skinny barrel just wasn't gonna cut it. Really early mod 7 and now everyone seem's to like them. Every rifle I've got has been bedded and free floated. I've checked floating with a dollar bill for year but the last couple I used three dollar bills on or a business card. Only rifle I never touched other than adjust the trigger in my mod 70 Feather Weight. Shoot's 1" +/- the way it came and I felt good with it. Wait. I got two new Mossberg Patriot's this year and haven't bedded them. But think I figured out how and it will get the recoil lug too.

Back